5-Lug (M2300K) vs Stock

I'm going to convert to 5-lug, and curious who knows how much width the FRPP Cobra kit (M2300K - $1900) adds to the hub-to-hub measure both front and rear, if any :shrug: ...

I know you can buy the cheaper drum and rotor kit ($400), which by all estimation would retain the stock width.

I'm hoping someone can answer this for me as I want to purchase custom wheels with a custom offset and don't want them cooking my fenders ... plus would like to buy them ahead of time to speed up the production and delivery date :banana:

Any info is greatly appreciated :hail2:

• Sponsors (?)

The M2300K kit widens front track width .250"/6.35mm & rear .750"/19mm

I did a lot of research on this issue and decided to go with baers.

However, if you run a 94-95 spindle then it will keep the stock front track width. You could also do the ranger/aerostar axles in the rear if you want to keep the stock track.

tunedin302 said:
The M2300K kit widens front track width .250"/6.35mm & rear .750"/19mm

I did a lot of research on this issue and decided to go with baers.

However, if you run a 94-95 spindle then it will keep the stock front track width. You could also do the ranger/aerostar axles in the rear if you want to keep the stock track.

Thanks for the help :nice:

I thought the 2300 kit used a 94 spindle ... or is the 94 Cobra spindle different than the GT model?

I have the M2300K kit and you can buy it for $1800 Delivered. It does use 94-95 front spindles, V6, GT, and Cobra are the same. You gain about 3/4" in the rear and with Factory Bullitt wheels on the car, it filled out the rear wheel wells very nice, looks much better than stock. The kit is a very good investment!

I am positive about the rear extending the track width. I have never actually confirmed the 94-95 spindle is used in the kit. Keep in mind the 96+ spindles definately widens the track width. So, a widened track width of 6.35mm up front only translates to 0.25" total (almost nothing).

Courtesy of Baer Brakes:

The 2300K kit:

* Widens front track width .250"/6.35mm & rear .750"/19mm
* Not available in 4 lug
* Will not fit 16" wheels
* Cast iron hub w/Non-serviceable bearings & no warranty
* Steering arm moved .400"/10mm & requires special tie rod
* Booster requires inner fender, as well as brake line modifications (flaring of hard lines required) and must be used for proper performance
* Includes OE rubber brake hoses
* Front 13" NON-directional rotors, NO warranty
* Cast iron rear calipers offer limited performance pad selection
* Rear 11.635" NON-directional rotors and NO warranty
* Must modify parking brake ratchet, no specific '93 application
* Stock SN95 axle, NO warranty (longer than FOX by .75"/19 mm which generates more bending force while cornering)
* NO options available

tunedin302 said:
I am positive about the rear extending the track width. I have never actually confirmed the 94-95 spindle is used in the kit. Keep in mind the 96+ spindles definately widens the track width. So, a widened track width of 6.35mm up front only translates to 0.25" total (almost nothing).

Courtesy of Baer Brakes:

The 2300K kit:

* Widens front track width .250"/6.35mm & rear .750"/19mm
* Not available in 4 lug
* Will not fit 16" wheels
* Cast iron hub w/Non-serviceable bearings & no warranty
* Steering arm moved .400"/10mm & requires special tie rod
* Booster requires inner fender, as well as brake line modifications (flaring of hard lines required) and must be used for proper performance
* Includes OE rubber brake hoses
* Front 13" NON-directional rotors, NO warranty
* Cast iron rear calipers offer limited performance pad selection
* Rear 11.635" NON-directional rotors and NO warranty
* Must modify parking brake ratchet, no specific '93 application
* Stock SN95 axle, NO warranty (longer than FOX by .75"/19 mm which generates more bending force while cornering)
* NO options available

1996 and up spindles have steering arms that look and are different from 94 and 95. Once again I have the M2300K kit and the Front Spindles are of 1994 Vintage as the P/N begins with F4 which stands for 1994. The car looks better in the rear with the little bit of extra width because it filled out the rear fenderwells nicely!