5 speed conversion

I wanted some opinions I have a 67 coupe with a manuel 3 speed I wanted to put a 5 speed in it. I have heard good and bad about going with the cable linkage like the fox body, but the factory setup seems to be extremly warn out.
What suggestions do you have?
Cable or Z-bar?
What upgrades can I do to the Z-Bar setup?
Any help is appreciated.
-Kyle

• Sponsors (?)

I second the T-5 and Hydraulic clutch.

John's Mustangs in San Diego makes the slave kit, use CNC stuff up top. I did that set-up in the Cobra, love it! Pedal effort of a Toyota, yet survived three racing seasons!

BTW - King Cobra Clutch too!

dazecars has the hydraulic clutch brackets on his website at a really good price, and the master and slave cylinders are available from speedway motors, also at a good price. you will save about $200 getting the brackets from dazecars. he also gives you a parts list, and where to get the parts. as you can tell i also recommend teh hydraulic clutch system.

Do you know if any hydraulic setup will work with a brake booster. I currently have a cable set up and I swear my left leg is gonna be twice the size of my right if I keep it up

Do you know if any hydraulic setup will work with a brake booster. I currently have a cable set up and I swear my left leg is gonna be twice the size of my right if I keep it up

Yes, it will work with the factory brake booster for 67 and 68 cars. The 69 and 70 cars actually have more clearance, so unless you have a booster much larger than stock, you should be fine.