67-68 guys, where is your bottom radiator hose ?

What side does you bottom hose retuurn on ?

• Diver side

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • Passenger. side

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters

10secgoal

Dec 1, 2003
San Diego
(please, even if you don't post, please vote) 289,302 and 351w's alike. So where is it ? Stock return (passenger side), or a cross flow with the return on the driver side. I want to find out where most have it so I know where to put the piping on these things.
I can't really assume that people are going to all have crossovers, or that they'll be in the same spot.
So what do you think ? Would you re-arrange your hose(s) to fit a turbo kit ? It would be rather simple really. I had to do it when I put my cross flow radiator in, and then again when I put my turbo on.

• Sponsors (?)

paul302 said:
i would try to keep it on the stock (pass) side. putting it on the drivers side requires a new radiator and a new water pump.

since i needed a new radiator and water pump, I went to the drivers side layout to get a cross-flow design radiator.

Joe

If you prefer to restore your car stock, then leave it. If your into mods like most on this forum, do whatever you want given your plan or current setup. Your timing pointer will be a determining factor and maybe your damper too. You can get whats called a double pass crossflow rad that has both inlet/outlet on the same side (you can choose the side), they just cost double.

I opted to go with an alum. crossflow from Summit for $160 (easy to get some saddle brackets for mounting), drivers side water pump with passenger timing pointer and rad. inlet on my 67.

But wait theres more!
Another advantage of the crossflow is it's thinner than a 3 or 4 core replacement and therefore has more room for things like electric fans, serpentine without pulley interference. The drivers side return also gives you the option for underdrive pulleys and overall more flexibility for future changes and additions but that pointer has to located on the pass. side.

I WOULD post, but I still dont know what motor I'm putting in my car. 427 or 289. 10secgoal, you got any intel on the turbo for a 289. I have one, just not sure what to do with it...