67/68 stance

tjnavyblue

Feb 21, 2007
Hi there,

Trying to decide what direction to go with wheel size and stance on my 68 coupe (such a huge part of building a car, and it feels like I'm doing it blind!).

I've done plenty of searches, but was wondering if we could make this a thread where members could post a side pic that shows stance and list: Wheel Size, Suspension mods, amount lowered, and anything else that would be necesarry info for others to replicate.

Thanks,

Tyler

(Mods, am I in line here?)

• Sponsors (?)

Carw-newwheels001.jpg

620lb lowering springs and shelby drop in front

5 leaf HD leafs in back, no lowering...

17" AR Hopsters

Attachments

• Carw-newwheels001.jpg
    Carw-newwheels001.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 6,110
Bullitt.jpg

Vintage Wheel Works V45s, 16x8 w/ 245/50/16s (rear) and 225/50/16s front.

Rear - 4 1/2 leaf Magnas

Front - Shelby Drop w/ 620lb 1" drop spring.

Attachments

• Bullitt.jpg
    Bullitt.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 720
Bullitt.jpg

Vintage Wheel Works V45s, 16x8 w/ 245/50/16s (rear) and 225/50/16s front.

Rear - 4 1/2 leaf Magnas

Front - Shelby Drop w/ 620lb 1" drop spring.

Not the thread subject...but what type of driving lights do you have and did you use the old license plate bolt holes to mount them? Thats the look I would like for my 65 coupe.

Attachments

• Bullitt.jpg
    Bullitt.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 3,716
Mustang's plus kit. frt and rr. have had it for about 10+ years. 620 lb coils, Edel IAS shocks all around, 4 1/2 rear leafs w/ mid eye. Open tracks' roller perches. sub frame mounts.

Not the thread subject...but what type of driving lights do you have and did you use the old license plate bolt holes to mount them? Thats the look I would like for my 65 coupe.

I cut a piece of aluminum plate, painted it black and bolted it to the front license plate holes. As for the lights, they're JC Whitney generic 5" lights if I remember correctly, don't remember the size since I installed them like 7 yrs ago...

Decurion - fronts are 8s. They rub slightly on the fenders on big bumps if the steering wheel is turned (like turning into a steep driveway), but that's mostly been cured with rolling the fender lips slightly. Backspace is 4.5" on the wheels if you were wondering.

Here's mine. Grab-a-Track 1" lowering springs and shelby drop with 225-17's in front, and standard 4 leaf springs & 255-17's in back.

Attachments

• '68 side.JPG
    '68 side.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 2,098
I'm thinking wagon wheels. No, not the white 8 spoke variety, I mean real wooden wagon wheels!!! You can get them in like 36" or 40", that would be double dubs, right? DD's!!! LOL!!! J/K :D

(obligatory comic relief for this thread, please go back to your postings, thank you)

Nice work, similar to the project that i am currently working but with a single t7.

how thick are the spacers, and are the rims for a late model stang.

Oh ya ya how much did you pay for the spacsers.

thanx

Sorry trying not to steal the thread:nice: :SNSign:

Mine is still a little off, but it has been lowered quite a bit:

normal_IMG_0045.JPG

The front is still a little too high for matching the rear... but as you can see, I all ready cut the springs a bit. I haven't done the Shelby drop yet though...

normal_IMG_0050.JPG

On the rear, I've got the Maier 4 1/2 leaf springs which are supposed to drop 1 1/2 inches below stock. I think they dropped lower than that though...

You can check out my gallery which has different angels for my current situation... also details how close the Hooker long tubes come to the ground.

Attachments

• normal_IMG_0045.JPG
    normal_IMG_0045.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 617
  • normal_IMG_0050.JPG
    normal_IMG_0050.JPG
    15.2 KB · Views: 568