• Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-

67 Mustang Coupe Heidts Suspension

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ianagos
  • Start date Start date Jul 9, 2016
I

Ianagos

New Member
Jul 9, 2016
2
0
1
Jul 9, 2016
#1
  • Jul 9, 2016
  • #1
Hey I'm new to the forum I'll be posting some pictures of my car later.
But I have a 67 mustang coupe with a heidts mustang ifs suspension on the front. This car is pretty new to me and I haven't been driving it much but I need some help determining what I should do to pick the front end up a little bit.
I was driving today and had to make a pret sharp turn on a bump and the tire hit the fender bending it out and ruining my paint. I kinda rolled it for the trip back but I don't want this to happen again so I'm wondering if I'll be able to put some bigger springs on the front suspension to pick it up.
It has scraped before but never like this and it really messed up my fender.

The previous owner put 245/45r17 tires on it. With 17x8 crager wheels
I don't want to change the tires in somewhat short on money and o don't need this car for a daily commute. If anybody is around 29 palms California I'm down to get help

Lemme know what y'all think
 
I

Ianagos

New Member
Jul 9, 2016
2
0
1
Jul 10, 2016
#2
  • Jul 10, 2016
  • #2
So here is a picture of the suspension. Was gonna take some stuff apart and check it out today but ended up replacing a timing belt on a 99 civic for a freind
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    278.9 KB · Views: 468
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

I
Hooker Long tubes with Mustang 2 suspension.
  • inetwebguy
  • Jun 13, 2024
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
403
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jun 13, 2024
inetwebguy
I
Cobra Brake Conversion - Spare Wheel/Tire Search
  • AeroCoupe
  • Aug 2, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
393
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 2, 2026
AeroCoupe
G
Fox Tire Size for 16" Pony Wheels on 1984 LX Convertible
  • gw7
  • Jun 24, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
179
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 25, 2026
Qtrhrse23
Considering widening my rear wheels, would like to verify my thoughts on fitment
  • 2000xp8
  • Jul 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
37
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
D
Progress Thread Calypso Green 92 LX Hatchback
  • Dakar09
  • May 18, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
19
Views
716
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 13, 2026
rednotch
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?