67 overhead console

I'm putting the overhead console in my coupe that didn't have one...so a question for anyone that has one from the factory -- does the front bracket go under the headliner, or on top of it? I've got the whole interior along with headliner out now anyway so it's just as easy one way or the other. Just curious what is "correct".

• Sponsors (?)

I just put one in my car a couple of months ago. If you run into any problems let me know. I have not hooked up the electrical yet. Let me know where you are going to tap in. Did you find the front bracket. if not let me know, I will look to see where I ordered it from. A company makes a good repop of it. and the rear just screws in. Be careful when you drill the holes and make sure you use a short screw.

any ?'s
Brian

I just put one in my car a couple of months ago. If you run into any problems let me know. I have not hooked up the electrical yet. Let me know where you are going to tap in. Did you find the front bracket. if not let me know, I will look to see where I ordered it from. A company makes a good repop of it. and the rear just screws in. Be careful when you drill the holes and make sure you use a short screw.

any ?'s
Brian

any ?'s
Brian

any ?'s
Brian

any ?'s
Brian

any ?'s
Brian

any ?'s
Brian

any ?'s
Brian

any ?'s
Brian

Yep, got the bracket and a hardware kit from AMK. I'm going to try to reuse the wire that connects the dome light, but unplug it from the current source to an always-hot one. I think the wiring assembly manual indicates that it connects to the interior lamps circuit BEFORE the door switch, instead of after it as the dome light does. So it may be as simple as unplugging in from one side of the switch and plugging it in the other. Of course I'm probably dreaming to think it's that easy, but all it needs is unswitched 12v for the map lights so it shouldn't be too hard to get it one way or another.

I'm interested to see how much light I'll have with the dome gone. That's all I had before, but I'll be putting in a center console, door and under-dash courtesy lamps so I'll have more bulbs anyway.