'67 Roller Conversion pulley and alternator HELP

Hi Everybody, I'm new to the forum, but have been lurking for years, since I got my 67 falcon. I'm building a Roller 302 to go in it and have some issues that I need help with. I bought a 74 302 from a f150 for the accessories and have a 2000 Mountaineer Roller block with aluminum heads, cam intake, all that is good. The water pump is from the truck which puts the inlet on the correct side for my radiator. All I am going to run is water pump and alternator. The crank pulley I have was pulled off a mustang II. Here's my questions:

The crank and water pump pulleys seem to hit each other and be offset by almost exactly the belt width
I have an aftermarket harmonic balancer that is set up as the same flange depth as the stock one (just 50 oz now) Are the late model cranks a different length?
What is the correct pulley diameters for the crank and water pump?
The alternator that came with the motor is a 60 amp, if it's larger than stock (since I don't have a stock to compare to) have y'all modified the alternator mounting to accomodate the size?
I have no idea how to mount the alternator correctly, if needed I'll swap to a mustang water pump, but I still don't get how the original F150 was mounted and I've seen multiple mustang variations.
I have searched everywhere to try and figure out why I'm having this issue, any pics or advice is welcome. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm going thru that same thing with my 68 coupe now. What are the pulleys you are using off of ?
The water pump pulley is I believe the stock 74 F150 302 pulley, however the crank pulley I grabbed off a 74 mustang II. CVF has some pulleys that I believe are going to work, but are undersized so I’d have to get a whole set or pair really. I could still use some good pics of anyone’s alternator setup that is stock, most of what I’m seeing are the billet aftermarket ones.

I thought I could get you a pic of my set up by now but it's not worked out. I have a replacement water pump for a 68 Mustang and Alt brackets that I removed from a 68 mustang. My pulleys came from a 69 Mustang. The problem I was having is that my crank pulley was always too far forward. I've seen the CVF pulleys. My problem is the stock late model 50 oz balancer has a hub that protrudes out in front of the rest of the balancer and sticks my crank pulley out too far. I ordered an aftermarket 50 oz balancer that has a flat face like the older 302's did and I hope everything will align up then.

Here’s pics of what I have. I think I am gonna finally be successful at having a fan belt

Attachments

• C2048B09-2857-4FC8-97E0-C122F3EA3CDB.jpeg
    C2048B09-2857-4FC8-97E0-C122F3EA3CDB.jpeg
    336.7 KB · Views: 182
  • EED97E0C-E56C-4797-AD0D-3CD8771BEF29.jpeg
    EED97E0C-E56C-4797-AD0D-3CD8771BEF29.jpeg
    362.2 KB · Views: 172
  • A0EEF212-CCF8-42B2-90F5-1B562EA53F21.jpeg
    A0EEF212-CCF8-42B2-90F5-1B562EA53F21.jpeg
    337.9 KB · Views: 181
All the bolts weren’t in. I just stuck it together to show what I’m using. The alt wires don’t hit the back of the head. There’s a spacer between the head and the alternator that keeps that from happening. I’m not worried about switching to serpentine pulleys because I all I’m running is an alternator.