67 shelby clone functional scoop quest..

mikec35

Jul 6, 2004
NC
Anyone know where to cut the wheel well for the functional side scoop? The plastic adapter that Branda sent with the kit seems to fit "ok" on the inner wheel well, but I think it should mount to the outer wheel well.. any advice or pics? Thx, Mike...

• Sponsors (?)

Hi Mike, I know these pics are kinda iffy, but hopefully you can see what I did.

SV400621.jpg

SV400622.jpg

The Branda ducts don't fit all that well, but I used 3M strip caulking I got form NPD, doubled them up and made a thick "gasket", then squished them over the hole I cut in the fenderwell with a holesaw. Then I drilled them for pop rivets and riveted them on. There's no "right" place to put them, but I put them close to the floor, leaving myself just enough room to get a pop rivet gun in there on the bottom. If thse pics aren't good enough, let me know and I'll pull a wheel off to get better ones.

Attachments

• SV400621.jpg
    SV400621.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 85
  • SV400622.jpg
    SV400622.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 75
Thanks for the info. The plastic hose adapter fits the best on the inner wheel well, looks like zookeeper has it on the outer wheel well. I need to dig out my fiberglass panels for the inside of the car and see if installation on the inner well affects fit of the interior panel.

There's just about no way to mount the ducts so that they interfere with either the rear seat, or the inner panels. I have the manual that 68FBZ109 is talking about (Branda sells it) and I've seen where the ducts mount on originals as well and the manual does a good job of showing the general location. I'm not sure what you mean by mine being mounted on the outer wheelwell. They are inside the pinch-weld separating the inner and outer wheelwell halves. In fact that's about the only place they will go due to the extreme curve.

Just by sight it looked like yours was drilled in the outer half, now drilling in the center of the 2 halves is something that I didn't even consider. I will look again at my car on Wednesday when I go to do some priming and block sanding. It's getting close to paint time! Thanks for the helpl

I guess I still wasn't to clear on where mine are. Look at the pic of the tape measure. I know it's fuzzy, but you can kinda see the outer edge of the hole is about 8" from the outer edge of the fender lip and 7.5" from the very lower edge of the inner fender. These just happened to be where the duct ends fit the curve the best and sorta where the originals were.