68 coupe engine swap??

sacman916

Jan 23, 2011
hey i got a 68 coupe with a 289 V8 and i was wondering is there room in this beast to put in a chevy 350 soon to be a 383 stroker? any tips and tricks would be appreciated, oh and im new here the names nick, thanks

• Sponsors (?)

You're kidding, right? A stroked 351W will bolt right in, and kick that Chebbie motor's butt.

To be fair, I have a Chevy in the garage, but the conversion you suggest is way to bizarre, and difficult, to be practical.

Besides, you're lookin' at 525 pounds for an all-iron 351W, and 575 for a 350 Chevy.

MORTAL SIN!:eek: You'll go to HELL!:eek: It's the cheap, easy/cheesy way to go and shows little imagination or ambition. But, hey, it's your car, your choice, but you will likely get very little support or encouragement here. Now, if it were an old Hemi or maybe even a big block chebbie, that might be a little different, but a mouse in Ford???:notnice:
Gene

do yourself a big favor and swap in a stroked 351w. not only is the swap much easier, but you wont have to listen to all the fords fans rag you for having a mouse motor, aka belly button motor, in your ford. just because you have a mouse motor is no reason to swap it into a ford chassis.

if you need the money, sell the mouse motor to a chevy guy.