69 17" wheel/tire combos needed, i goofed and wasted big $$$ need help

streetgrande69

Founding Member
Nov 2, 2002
Splendora, Tx
I GOOFED!!I NEED HELP, I WASTED $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

HERE'S THE STORY

2 years ago i needed new rear drums/shoes. instead i got discs out back. baer 12" touring rear. i just planned when the time came to get the matching fronts, and just deal with the mismatch for the time being.
i still have the stock discs up front as of right now. NOW I NEED NEW ROTORS/pads/bearings/hoses. instead of getting new rotors/etc, as planned, i got matching baer front 13" track fronts. including the 1969 drum spindles to match(powdercoated also). i just got the spindles 2 days ago and just got them back today from the powdercoating shop. i went to fit them up and yep THEY RUB . NO SPACER IS GONNA HELP ME. now i have to come up with $15-1600 to get wheels/tires that fit now i call upon Stangnet to help.

MY CURRENT STATS
16x7 TTII front, 16x8 out back.
225-55 comp T/A BFG tires
620 1" springs front
4.5 leaf mideyes in back.
i still want TTII's

i looked @ Dodgestangs chart, but i don't want to go to 9.5 in back. and the rest are unclear to me. if you have 17" wheels on you car, please chime in and give the folling info:

1.tire type and sizes
2.rim type and sizes including backspacing
3.any problems you foresee me having.

i don't have the money to really waste testing tire/wheels on my car. i know if i buy wheels and get tires mounted, i can't return them. anyone have advice on how to get past this problem? i also whant to know the cheapest place to get them.

as always, THANKS FOR THE HELP!!

• Sponsors (?)

go to a tire store....les schwab, tire rack, etc. with the car. Tell them you want new wheels and tires but you want to see some fitted to teh car before you buy. You use the rims they have...but then you special order (if needed) the rims you want. They will help because it is good customer service.

17" is the minimum for the 13" front brakes from Baer. I am surprised they didn't tell you that. They asked me when I was ordering what wheels I had on the car.

I have the 17" Edelbrock 454 wheels with tires all ready to go. I might sell them if you are in the market. We live close enough to meet half way and skip the shipping.

P.M. if you want to talk.