70 Mustang,351c,auto,header question

89lx5o

Apr 10, 2004
I searched the threads for this first but I really didn't find an answer. What are the best headers for a somewhat modified 351c with a C4 auto. trans? The engine has an aftermarket cam/intake,etc. and I would like to know which ones fit the best and are they going to be a real pain to install? The car also has power steering. Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

the last set of headers i put in a '72 w/ a/c and p/s. i think it took about 45 minutes or so, and i am nothing more than a weekend warrior. i remember thinking that it was way easier than i expected.

on the other hand, i have had a bad time of it on a '69 w/ a windsor and p/s.

if you call summit, they will advise you on the best headers for your set up, but you have to know what cam you have in there, etc...

The HookerSuper Comps are good. If you want another recommendation call Ford Power Train (FPT) in the Seattle Washington area. They specialize in headers that fit well and aren't pavement scrapers. Let me know if you want to contact them and I will look for their number.

Second vote for hooker super comps. They fit in my 70' with a 428 and c6 so you should be able to get some in there easy... or at least easier. Be sure you get ceramic coated ones too.
Kevin