75mm TB on a Stock Upper Plenum. Maybe Overkill ?????

Manewaymja2

Feb 11, 2009
Hi ther just realized that i ordered a 75mm Throttle Body and EGR spacer and they recomend a 65mm for the stock Intake. Is this going to be a problem? Maybe bore out the Intake mouth a bit to allow for the excess air :shrug:

Any way to open up the Plenum Intake port (Mouth / Where EGR makes contack)?

Maybe No big deal, so what do you guys think.

• Sponsors (?)

Hi ther just realized that i ordered a 75mm Throttle Body and EGR spacer and they recomend a 65mm for the stock Intake. Is this going to be a problem? Maybe bore out the Intake mouth a bit to allow for the excess air :shrug:

Any way to open up the Plenum Intake port (Mouth / Where EGR makes contack)?

Maybe No big deal, so what do you guys think.

The stock opening is around 60MM. You would need to open it to 75MM or the air entering the upper will run into a brick wall and a lot of turbulence will result along with decreased performance. You need to be very careful about attempting to port the upper that far since you can break into the EGR port.

Why are you changing the TB on a stock intake?

Well as i stated it was by accident but will work out latter as im going to be getting a Top end kit that will have a Trickflow Intake that will handle the 75mm.

That will be much latter and i was trying to see if i could still utilize it for the time being as i continue to go to the tracks.

I did exactly that. I bought a Summit Racing 75mm TB and ported the opening in my stock upper intake to match that size. I tapered it along its length from 75mm at the edge to the stock diameter about two inches in. Worked beautifully. I also ported the lower intake and the heads.