Progress Thread 79 Capri / Mustang aka PsychoBilly

• Sponsors (?)

Got pieces in for the brake system yesterday....
Dodge Caravan Master Cylinder
Hurst Line Lock kit
Ford Racing Prop valve
ASP manual brake conversion plate

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190626-194739_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20190626-194739_Instagram.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 76
  • 20190626_170038.jpg
    20190626_170038.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 86
  • 20190626_174259.jpg
    20190626_174259.jpg
    299.5 KB · Views: 90
Now don't take that comment as an endorsement for your planned swap, just make it look good!
there was a pic someplace where a guy made his LS swap look like a (I think) FE engine.
There is a kit that the circle track guys use to run the Ford distributor. I'll be keeping the coil on plug setup with the efi but if I was going carbed I would do it.

Reactions: 1 user
These could be salvaged with a little love... I just never like the look.

Where are the holes from the screws? And if you're interested in offloading them let me know what you're looking to get from them. I'd say PM me and we can go from there so as to not basically hijack your thread. :)

well i am Very partial to the MS3X personally it can do way more than the Terminator or even the Dominator...

however if you are planning on running the 4l60e or 4l80e then the terminator x is likely the best option for you from a budget standpoint [ depending on how crazy your plans are ] I tend to need more I/O than the holley has available but not everyone does.

All of the Major ECU are self learning so im not sure why they even claim that as a bonus anymore... MS has had auto tune since it was first on the market years ago.

options for you this one is a package deal and includes injectors

this one is for the ECU with harness option, you will find it has more options than most know what to do with.

both of the above will require a seperate O2 controller i like this one personally

Transmission control is also a seperate item.. you will need a TCU if you decide to do that, the TCU and the ECU talk over canbus. these can be used with many different transmissions not just the 2 GM options.

Last edited:
  • Love
Small change of plans on the power plant.... This is where the PsychoBilly parts starts. It will be LS powered with a single turbo...
And this is where I'll comment...

On one hand this looks like a drag car,...lightweight front end stuff, manual rack, manual brakes, front skinnys rear drag radials,.. On the other, you have a sound deadened, carpeted interior.

I was where you are 6 years ago. I stated that I was gonna use an LS engine because I thought it to be a more financially practical choice. I burned down a couple of websites because of the negative reception the announcement of my LS plans caused. 4 eyed pride, and some other ford only forum blue bleeders basically threw me out of the front door.
This forum is a little more tolerant of your engine choice, but barely. Couple that to the fact that your platform is one of the rarest Fox bodies, and it becomes almost paramount that this be said...
If you haven't already purchased a LS engine, don't kid yourself....there are several other LS engine builds going on here where the "truth" comes out.
Once you start forcing air into the engine......stock is stock. Powder metal fracture rods, and hyper eutectic pistons are still just as crappy in a Chevrolet as they are in any other engine. and once you start building that engine to handle that power......351 rods and forged Pistons are just as cheap as 6.0 rods, and LS forged Pistons..
You can also count yourself out when taking the car to any ford only show/event. MW dont let half breeds play in their blue sand boxes.
The "affordable power" that is dangled in front of the masses that convinced you to stuff that engine in the car will cost you in the end...As bad as you lose the initial investment when building the car with the right stuff under the hood,.......an LS equipped Capri is not gonna return dick on a dollar the day you decide to sell.
A drag car build up is one step from the junk yard......If its not a drag car, No heater, No AC, Manual steering, and Manual brakes is only a few steps farther away.

Not that a Capri compares to a 60's classic, But as obscure and few and far between as they are,...it seems almost the same degree of shame to see one suffer the same fate as so many 67-70 mustangs did back in their days when somebody hacked it up, and gutted it out to make it a drag car. .
In the end for me, the ford guy of 45 years couldn't forget how bad I hated a small block Chevy. How bad I dogged every one of my friends fo buying a notch, dumping all of the ford running gear and putting in some brainless SBC and a Powerglide because " it was the only way to make a ford fast".
When in fact the truth was the fox body was the only the only thing that made that Chevy fast. Compared to a 3700 pound Camaro, Monte Carlo, or Malibu they had for options back then.

And after thinking about all of that,...and despite I'd been saying it for months....there was no way in hell I was gonna suck up, and put a damn LS in anything it didn't belong in.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: 2 users
Lowered the rear to get rid of that 80s Pro Stocker look
And you got your decades wrong, and your style of car.
It should have said:
" I lowered the rear to give it that 80's Pro Stocker look".
20a9609fa7a03b681bec8b6a822f25b8.jpg

I don't know about you...but that's a 80's pro stocker, and it's pretty damn low all around.
Again,
What you wanted to say was:
I lowered the rear to get rid of that 60's gasser look.
6ff0195528eba7a8731619b2696a7c84.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
And this is where I'll comment...

On one hand this looks like a drag car,...lightweight front end stuff, manual rack, manual brakes, front skinnys rear drag radials,.. On the other, you have a sound deadened, carpeted interior.

I was where you are 6 years ago. I stated that I was gonna use an LS engine because I thought it to be a more financially practical choice. I burned down a couple of websites because of the negative reception the announcement of my LS plans caused. 4 eyed pride, and some other ford only forum blue bleeders basically threw me out of the front door.
This forum is a little more tolerant of your engine choice, but barely. Couple that to the fact that your platform is one of the rarest Fox bodies, and it becomes almost paramount that this be said...
If you haven't already purchased a LS engine, don't kid yourself....there are several other LS engine builds going on here where the "truth" comes out.
Once you start forcing air into the engine......stock is stock. Powder metal fracture rods, and hyper eutectic pistons are still just as crappy in a Chevrolet as they are in any other engine. and once you start building that engine to handle that power......351 rods and forged Pistons are just as cheap as 6.0 rods, and LS forged Pistons..
You can also count yourself out when taking the car to any ford only show/event. MW dont let half breeds play in their blue sand boxes.
The "affordable power" that is dangled in front of the masses that convinced you to stuff that engine in the car will cost you in the end...As bad as you lose the initial investment when building the car with the right stuff under the hood,.......an LS equipped Capri is not gonna return dick on a dollar the day you decide to sell.
A drag car build up is one step from the junk yard......If its not a drag car, No heater, No AC, Manual steering, and Manual brakes is only a few steps farther away.

Not that a Capri compares to a 60's classic, But as obscure and few and far between as they are,...it seems almost the same degree of shame to see one suffer the same fate as so many 67-70 mustangs did back in their days when somebody hacked it up, and gutted it out to make it a drag car. .
In the end for me, the ford guy of 45 years couldn't forget how bad I hated a small block Chevy. How bad I dogged every one of my friends fo buying a notch, dumping all of the ford running gear and putting in some brainless SBC and a Powerglide because " it was the only way to make a ford fast".
When in fact the truth was the fox body was the only the only thing that made that Chevy fast. Compared to a 3700 pound Camaro, Monte Carlo, or Malibu they had for options back then.

And after thinking about all of that,...and despite I'd been saying it for months....there was no way in hell I was gonna suck up, and put a damn LS in anything it didn't belong in.
Mission accomplished.... I don't build them for acceptance and any fool that thinks he will get out of it what he puts in is just that. I enjoy learning new platforms and continuing my education. This car will probably never leave, and if it does it will be because somebody wanted it badder than I love it. I have sold several cars to people that didnt have the skills to build it and they were happy and so was my bank account. As far as the heat and sound deadening go I'm getting to the point in my life where I am only willing to compromise so much and lets be honest 30 lbs ain't gonna make or break the ET...

This car will serve as a cruise night conversation piece/test and tune fun car. If somebody feels froggy we can see what happens. It will never see a paint job...patina with some clear coat maybe. Something to fool the young kids into a race to loose some beer $ ...

At the end of the day I could probably part it out and make more $ than selling it whole. But the look on a rich kids face when the 80's :poo:box gaps him is worth the price of admission

Mission accomplished.... I don't build them for acceptance and any fool that thinks he will get out of it what he puts in is just that. I enjoy learning new platforms and continuing my education. This car will probably never leave, and if it does it will be because somebody wanted it badder than I love it. I have sold several cars to people that didnt have the skills to build it and they were happy and so was my bank account. As far as the heat and sound deadening go I'm getting to the point in my life where I am only willing to compromise so much and lets be honest 30 lbs ain't gonna make or break the ET...

This car will serve as a cruise night conversation piece/test and tune fun car. If somebody feels froggy we can see what happens. It will never see a paint job...patina with some clear coat maybe. Something to fool the young kids into a race to loose some beer $ ...

At the end of the day I could probably part it out and make more $ than selling it whole. But the look on a rich kids face when the 80's :poo:box gaps him is worth the price of admission

So....if it doesn't matter what you use to accomplish your "end of the day" price of admission..why are you hackin up a Capri, and slamming in a belly button to get it done? And while I'm at it....you're doing all this to spoil a rich kids day?

I always took pleasure knowing that the guy that thought he would bring his " it's cheaper to build" SBC stuffed fox to the track felt the same way as your Honda driving rich kid, when they found out the same engine that they pulled out of the car in the first place handed them back their ass.

If you where sticking that engine into a 4 cylinder fox that they made thousands of would be one thing but to do that to a rare car is another. Go ahead, it is your car and as you say you will likely never sell it. That statement is true because the only reason someone would buy it would be to pull that engine out and stick a ford engine back in it.
please find a camaro or a similar bow tie to swap it into.
I wonder what the purpose of coming here with this plan really was.

If you where sticking that engine into a 4 cylinder fox that they made thousands of would be one thing but to do that to a rare car is another. Go ahead, it is your car and as you say you will likely never sell it. That statement is true because the only reason someone would buy it would be to pull that engine out and stick a ford engine back in it.
please find a camaro or a similar bow tie to swap it into.
I wonder what the purpose of coming here with this plan really was.
its like he said,....mission accomplished. He's baiting somebody to rap his knuckles for cutting up a car, and swapping out the ford stuff in place of the Mercury stuff that he's too cheap to replace it with,. While at the same time, seeing if it's ok with us if he stuffs an LS in it so he can get a rise from the street ricers he beats w/his gutted drag car.

Holley Terminator X but I'm open to suggestions
I hope you’re not looking to get one of these any time soon. I Was looking into getting a couple of these systems for a 53 Cadillac and 68 firebird a guy wants a couple ls engines swapped in, but they’re almost impossible to get. Holley keeps pushing the dates back.

Car looks good though, looking forward to seeing it done up. Ls it if you want, your car. Don’t build it to suit other people’s tastes.

I hope you’re not looking to get one of these any time soon. I Was looking into getting a couple of these systems for a 53 Cadillac and 68 firebird a guy wants a couple ls engines swapped in, but they’re almost impossible to get. Holley keeps pushing the dates back.

Car looks good though, looking forward to seeing it done up.
Ls it if you want, your car. Don’t build it to suit other people’s tastes.
I guess you draw the line at offering your opinion on what's in bad taste at head lights, and tail lights for these cars then?
In other words...you can put an LS in the car, but please don't put those hideous tail lights on it too?