What's it Worth? $7K Fox Challenge

I'm with you on considering the car. I would only be interested in it because it is a notch. Regardless of the quality of the work if it was mine I would be completely stripping it down to a rolling chassis, because I would be repainting it and putting fresh interior in it. At that point all the botched electrical could be sorted out. I'd probably have 15K in that car by the time it was done. Things add up quick!

• Sponsors (?)

I'm with you on considering the car. I would only be interested in it because it is a notch. Regardless of the quality of the work if it was mine I would be completely stripping it down to a rolling chassis, because I would be repainting it and putting fresh interior in it. At that point all the botched electrical could be sorted out. I'd probably have 15K in that car by the time it was done. Things add up quick!

Good point.

If things were a little different for me right now I'd probably be contacting them to take a look. I'd probably use my vert as parts for this one then sell the vert - or what was left of it anyway.

beergoggles.gif

https://austin.craigslist.org/cto/d/buchanan-dam-classic-mustang-50-fox/7104745654.html I like this one at the price. It needs a bit of paint work and the engine bay needs a good cleaning, but an unmolested Texas-and-I-don't-mean-the-coast car that's so original that it still has the map pockets in that color combo? Yup, I like it.

https://austin.craigslist.org/cto/d/pflugerville-mustang-fox-body-1993/7093754423.html Apparently this little jewel of a 2.3L car is still available from way back when this thread started. It's a little high on the price still, but it's one of the cleanest foxes around, so if I was looking for a project... I'd rather have a clean 2.3 car than a clapped-out 5.0 as a starting point.

Reactions: 1 user
Title says it's an 89, but it doesn't have mass air? I thought all cars were mass air starting in 89? That in and of itself makes me question the validity of this ad.
Asking $3700:

00J0J_9S4yQ0cK9F_1200x900.jpg

00y0y_9ZolxELwZYH_1200x900.jpg

00g0g_ls3Cpphnr6I_1200x900.jpg

• Agree

There's a lot to unpack there. I love the seat upholstery, I actually like the 1-piece headlights (I know most of Stangnet doesn't), I hate the wheels and taillights, and the ad's description is confusing.

Is it worth $7k? That is the question.

This one I feel is overpriced at $5000.

Cheapest local fox on the CL (that isn't a wreck needing repair)

A bit more money

Everything else is a low mileage vert

Black 89 is a' 5 sp automatic with new clutch', how could you go wrong.

1989 "GT 350" is a rare horse:cautious: or should I say Unicorn.

Today on my way home from work I was at a light and this lifted 4x4 asked me if I was trying to sell my car, I looked around and said no for sale sign so I'm not trying too hard.He pulled a wad of cash out and showed it to me , I said when I'm dead you can ask my wife ,she can't drive stick.He shook the cash at me and I said 12thousand,and that don't look like 12.He said it's close and I drove away. Later I wondered what would I do if he offered 12 thou.? I know my stang well and I can't see me letting her go.Oh yeah I could buy another and get it in the shape of mine,but we got history,she gets me and takes care of me.Crazy I never had that with any other car I had and I had alot.

Today on my way home from work I was at a light and this lifted 4x4 asked me if I was trying to sell my car, I looked around and said no for sale sign so I'm not trying too hard.He pulled a wad of cash out and showed it to me , I said when I'm dead you can ask my wife ,she can't drive stick.He shook the cash at me and I said 12thousand,and that don't look like 12.He said it's close and I drove away. Later I wondered what would I do if he offered 12 thou.? I know my stang well and I can't see me letting her go.Oh yeah I could buy another and get it in the shape of mine,but we got history,she gets me and takes care of me.Crazy I never had that with any other car I had and I had alot.
I'd have sold, but I don't get attached to cars. Hell, after working on them for fifteen years I don't even like cars most of the time anymore.

• Useful
Well it's been over forty years for me and like I said I never had this with any of my cars in the past,and I've had lots and lots,big block ford/chevy/olds,small blocks,pony cars,luxury cars,hooptys,and Frankensteins.I'll probably drive her till I crook.