What's it Worth? $7K Fox Challenge

You can tell winter is approaching here in MA

Time to sell your convertible for cheap

• Sponsors (?)

Normally I’d agree...but it’s got a healthy list of quality mods on it, and is probably one of the cleanest around. By the time you buy a cheap stock roller, strip and paint it, and add the same mods, you are above that number anyway. This one is ready for an engine.

Reactions: 1 user

93 Ford Mustang GT - $4,000​

93 Foxbody mustang's
Project
Roller
Paperwork in storage
Blk mustang is mini tubbed
Selling both mustang's $4k
show contact info
00202_4XCZujIcA8Dz_0jC0qk_50x50c.jpg
00N0N_cVaWh9R14pDz_0jC0qk_600x450.jpg
00b0b_jKSVuIG92v3z_0jC0qk_600x450.jpg
00y0y_i03FgPSA5fez_0bC0kE_600x450.jpg

First Fox for sale in a while out here.
Wish there were better pics of the white one.

So I know it's a little over the $7k requirement of this thread, but this one is up on Facebook Marketplace for <$10k. I think it's a little high because it's at a classic dealer, but it don't look all bad either. :shrug:

OR, straight to their website for those who don't want to deal with bookface:

1612811805212.png

1612811826488.png

1612811848276.png

1612811910009.png

Nice car, but I think it's a tad high for an AOD, GT, Convertible. At this point in time, I think those are three big strikes in the foxbody market, with the 4th being red interior (I have nothing against it, but I think people in general aren't a fan).

Dealers can command that higher pricing for some reason, and get it. I'd like to think it's because they offer financing, but I'd also like ot think someone putting up $10K for a 30 year old convertible would have that in cash.

However, private sale, I see that as a $7-8K car. It would make my list as I have the convertible bug..even with the AOD

• Agree
If this is the car I think it is, I tried to buy it, was all set to leave the next morning to get it and the guy changed his mind. If I remember correctly, this one had 54k miles by the Carfax and damage up the driver's side of the car affecting the fender door and quarter. The rest of the car looked great though.

It was the one that got away.

Not a bad looking car. To bad they put all the late model aero stuff on it. The 4 eyes and lack of ground effects are what make the older foxes stand out. I thought maybe it was really a newer car until I saw the interior. Much harder to fake that.

There is a very good chance that car belonged to a friend of my dads that has since passed away. He bought a Cobra just like that and never drove it. I saw it once in all its plastic covered glory and safely hid away in storage. He bought it as an investment, but passed in the early 2000s. He was a huge mustangs enthusiasts and a go to expert for all things mustang back in the day.

Nice car, but I think it's a tad high for an AOD, GT, Convertible. At this point in time, I think those are three big strikes in the foxbody market, with the 4th being red interior (I have nothing against it, but I think people in general aren't a fan).

Dealers can command that higher pricing for some reason, and get it. I'd like to think it's because they offer financing, but I'd also like ot think someone putting up $10K for a 30 year old convertible would have that in cash.

However, private sale, I see that as a $7-8K car. It would make my list as I have the convertible bug..even with the AOD
I think the defects like the inoperable quarter window and ripped top are a big turnoff at a premium price. I would hold those faults as more severe from a dealer than from a private party. I would agree that still it is clean enough to warrant the asking price. I would say that the market is solid enough for this to go to $14k if they fix the top, and window.

I think they should do a few other things too. Tidy up the interior. Fresh seat belts, redye the plastics for conformity. Ensure seals are tight and free of tears. Windows, locks, actuators, etc. I think it wouldn't take much to get this car to a great driver.

I'm partial to the white leather interior, as I have on mine.

Honestly, a nice car and I think the convertibles are way underrated.