Fuel 87 GT - FUEL LINES - REPLACEMENT / ROUTES??

R82148V

May 26, 2020
Hello Everyone!

It's been great being here and I hope everyone has been Safe!!
I have an 87 GT CONV that I'm bring back to life.. Long long store, but I'm bringing it back to life.
Jumping right to the Subject line question, I attempted to clean out the Supply and Return lines with carb cleaner and compressed air from Front to Back..
Everything was going great until I looked in the catch pale at the back.. There was dirty brown liquid, a mixture of old gas and carb cleaner.. The worst part? There was a whole lot of rust that came out!!! Now I thought these lines were steel but the outside of the lines are rusting.. Anyway..... I cant get around from installing all new Supply, Return, Vapor lines.

My question is, what is the best / cost effective way? Is it better to purchase pre-fabbed bent lines or re-routing lines easier and better?
The rubber hoses at each end seem to be in good shape though they are 33 years old too.

Thanks again!!

If you do not know how to crimp the parts together, bend steel lines without crimping, and braze or weld fittings, please buy new or better lines. I do not want to see pictures of your hard work after a fire.

Not cheap

Might be cheaper here

Good links.
If our cars are classics now, that stainless ought to last a long time and be worth that prevent rust again. The carbon steel looks a bit cheaper, but that’s what he’s replacing, right?
With E-x fuels not going away, for any car I want to keep, I’m looking at stainless fuel lines, and stainless or corrosion resistant nickel copper whatever mix on the low pressure systems.

Good links for sure! Yeah I need to replace all three lines.. (Supply, Return & Vapor line) I might as well do the vapor no? or do you think thats a waste of $$..
The LMR links look like they come with the all the hoses and connections needed to replace the entire line..
Stainless is the way to go for sure!

Reactions: 1 user