Fuel 87 GT - FUEL LINES - REPLACEMENT / ROUTES??

R82148V

May 26, 2020
Hello Everyone!

It's been great being here and I hope everyone has been Safe!!
I have an 87 GT CONV that I'm bring back to life.. Long long store, but I'm bringing it back to life.
Jumping right to the Subject line question, I attempted to clean out the Supply and Return lines with carb cleaner and compressed air from Front to Back..
Everything was going great until I looked in the catch pale at the back.. There was dirty brown liquid, a mixture of old gas and carb cleaner.. The worst part? There was a whole lot of rust that came out!!! Now I thought these lines were steel but the outside of the lines are rusting.. Anyway..... I cant get around from installing all new Supply, Return, Vapor lines.

My question is, what is the best / cost effective way? Is it better to purchase pre-fabbed bent lines or re-routing lines easier and better?
The rubber hoses at each end seem to be in good shape though they are 33 years old too.

Thanks again!!

• Sponsors (?)

If you do not know how to crimp the parts together, bend steel lines without crimping, and braze or weld fittings, please buy new or better lines. I do not want to see pictures of your hard work after a fire.

Not cheap

Might be cheaper here

Good links.
If our cars are classics now, that stainless ought to last a long time and be worth that prevent rust again. The carbon steel looks a bit cheaper, but that’s what he’s replacing, right?
With E-x fuels not going away, for any car I want to keep, I’m looking at stainless fuel lines, and stainless or corrosion resistant nickel copper whatever mix on the low pressure systems.

Good links for sure! Yeah I need to replace all three lines.. (Supply, Return & Vapor line) I might as well do the vapor no? or do you think thats a waste of $$..
The LMR links look like they come with the all the hoses and connections needed to replace the entire line..
Stainless is the way to go for sure!

Reactions: 1 user