Fuel Replacing supply and return fuel lines??

My foxes supply and return fuel lines, the hard metal ones, are really old and a pain to work on. Took me way to long to get them off because they were rusted/corroded to all hell. Is there a decent replacement for these fuel lines that arent as much of an ass to work on?

• Sponsors (?)

Do you mean the ones underneath the car from front to back with hoses on each end or the lines from the fuel rail to the front end of the underneath lines? I replaced my under car lines a few years back as well as injectors, the pressure regulator and pump and filter and there was a great improvement. However, the repro fuel lines are not exacly like the factory ones and I had to get creative attaching them to the car. As for the lines that connect to the fuel rail, I'd look for a set of good used ones online or at a parts show. Not sure if they are reproduced these days.

So if you have a fuel injected car and its a V8 you have the following:
Fuel Rails (steel and hold the injectors)
Fuel Rail to Body Lines (steel and one has a Schrader valve on it)
Body Lines (steel at fuel tank to just past the passenger front control arm then transitions to flexible)
Body Lines to Fuel Tank (flexible)

Just need to know which one(s) you are wanting to replace and what year car and which motor is in it and if you are carbed or injected. My guess is the Body Lines but its just a guess.

I would say for ease of installation on an injected motor and if you are not wanting to go back stock I would go with Teflon lined braided AN6 lines. You can get the adapters that fit the fuel rails and have female AN6 connections. You can also get the adapters that will connect to the factory fuel pump hanger to provide female AN6 connections at that location. If you want to keep the factory style fuel filter then all you need is two more of the adapters for the fuel pump hanger to pop on stock filter and then make up your lines from tank to filter, filter to fuel rail, and tank to fuel rail (return).

So if you have a fuel injected car and its a V8 you have the following:
Fuel Rails (steel and hold the injectors)
Fuel Rail to Body Lines (steel and one has a Schrader valve on it)
Body Lines (steel at fuel tank to just past the passenger front control arm then transitions to flexible)
Body Lines to Fuel Tank (flexible)

Just need to know which one(s) you are wanting to replace and what year car and which motor is in it and if you are carbed or injected. My guess is the Body Lines but its just a guess.

I would say for ease of installation on an injected motor and if you are not wanting to go back stock I would go with Teflon lined braided AN6 lines. You can get the adapters that fit the fuel rails and have female AN6 connections. You can also get the adapters that will connect to the factory fuel pump hanger to provide female AN6 connections at that location. If you want to keep the factory style fuel filter then all you need is two more of the adapters for the fuel pump hanger to pop on stock filter and then make up your lines from tank to filter, filter to fuel rail, and tank to fuel rail (return).
the steel fuel rail to body lines. Its an 86 EFI 5.0. In the process of removing them, they got all battered and ugly; not to mention they were nearly bonded together with rust.

Your best bet might be to look online and find a decent set of used lines. Also, there is a place in Georgia that saves these cars, I think its called Prestige or similar and they likley will have some of those lines. Not sure what years fit what cars but there may be some overlap. I imagine the fuel injected cars used the same lines for a few years.

Reactions: 1 user