• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

87 gt pop in clutch pedal

  • Thread starter Thread starter noah139
  • Start date Start date Oct 16, 2022
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2
N

noah139

Member
Jun 26, 2022
23
8
13
Connecticut
Nov 17, 2022
#21
  • Nov 17, 2022
  • #21
AeroCoupe said:
If the TOB is in a bind on the trans input shaft bearing retainer then I would say that is an issue which could produce the popping sensation / sound. New clutch fork will tell the story.
Click to expand...
Fork is coming tomorrow so soon I will Have a better idea
 
N

noah139

Member
Jun 26, 2022
23
8
13
Connecticut
Nov 17, 2022
#22
  • Nov 17, 2022
  • #22
limp said:
Do you have a clutch rebuilder close to you?? I would take the pressure plate and disc to them and see if they could inspect it for you.....
Click to expand...
I don’t have any near me. The clutch and pressure plate has maybe 1000 miles and the clutch engages and disengages perfectly fine. So I’m gonna keep the same pressure plate (hopefully that doesn’t bite me later on)
 

limp

wrap a little cheese around it and its a done
5 Year Member
Oct 4, 2020
5,501
2,922
173
Florida
Nov 17, 2022
#23
  • Nov 17, 2022
  • #23
noah139 said:
I don’t have any near me. The clutch and pressure plate has maybe 1000 miles and the clutch engages and disengages perfectly fine. So I’m gonna keep the same pressure plate (hopefully that doesn’t bite me later on)
Click to expand...
I thought that you had a new clutch fork but in rereading your posts it must of been on someone elses post having some clutch problems...
A new fork would be my next move also..... Good luck
 
N

noah139

Member
Jun 26, 2022
23
8
13
Connecticut
Nov 18, 2022
#24
  • Nov 18, 2022
  • #24
Ok got the new clutch fork and it locks on to the pivot stud. the old one wiggle and moves all over the place on the pivot stud. I believe I finally have my answer.
 
Reactions: Rdub6, limp and AeroCoupe

Rdub6

So while I wait to figure out my rear end issues
5 Year Member
Dec 29, 2017
3,962
2,943
153
Long Island, NY
Nov 18, 2022
#25
  • Nov 18, 2022
  • #25
noah139 said:
Ok got the new clutch fork and it locks on to the pivot stud. the old one wiggle and moves all over the place on the pivot stud. I believe I finally have my answer.
Click to expand...
Let us know for sure! We like to hear solutions to the problems! Hopefully you got it!
 
Reactions: limp
N

noah139

Member
Jun 26, 2022
23
8
13
Connecticut
Nov 19, 2022
#26
  • Nov 19, 2022
  • #26
Rdub6 said:
Let us know for sure! We like to hear solutions to the problems! Hopefully you got it!
Click to expand...
I will, its gonna be a little while cause I’m sick so I can’t get to putting her back together yet
 
N

noah139

Member
Jun 26, 2022
23
8
13
Connecticut
Nov 22, 2022
#27
  • Nov 22, 2022
  • #27
FIXED got it all together and took it for a long drive and it is much better. No popping or binding and the pedal feels better when engaging the clutch than it did before. Thanks for the help guys
 
Reactions: Mstng93SSP, General karthief and nickyb
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

N
Vibration after new clutch
  • nipple_looker
  • Sep 20, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
23
Views
480
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 26, 2026
fasterthangas
F
00 4.6L V8 new clutch won’t go into gear when on?
  • Timboslice
  • Aug 15, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
3
Views
181
The Welcome Wagon Aug 21, 2026
Noobz347
T
Vibrating clutch pedal
  • t.hite10
  • Aug 10, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
206
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Aug 11, 2026
squeak93
S
Fox '87 GT can't get to stay running
  • spilly
  • Mar 29, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
27
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 20, 2026
spilly
S
2000 GT-Front Brakes Not Releasing
  • stormsedge
  • Aug 7, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
184
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Aug 7, 2026
Bronco2fan
B
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?