Progress Thread 88 Gt T-top- Project problem child

no pictures. But both windows are in. Hatch weather strip , passenger side weather strip and t top are in. It’s almost a car.

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Quick pic. Gonna try to knock out the other side tonight.

Attachments

• 046579C6-A411-4E58-AAFE-B1CA32D6373C.jpeg
    046579C6-A411-4E58-AAFE-B1CA32D6373C.jpeg
    260.9 KB · Views: 125
Reactions: 2 users
This may be the final post here. Was pressure washing the car today in hopes of finishing up the car this week. I’m suffering another paint failure. The clear is coming off in sheets. I believe I may be done with the car.

Ill post back once ive made a decision

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
This may be the final post here. Was pressure washing the car today in hopes of finishing up the car this week. I’m suffering another paint failure. The clear is coming off in sheets. I believe I may be done with the car.

Ill post back once ive made a decision
The clear is coming off?!

These are not the post I was wanting.

Some spots I cleared as soon as it
Flashed , some I waited an hour. One door was 2 hours . I’ll post some pics once the kids are in
Bed.

I have a local painter coming Saturday to look
It over and give me a quote to finish it. I’m ready to toss matches at it . At this point
I wish I kept my convertible

The status before this disaster was, I was sanding it down and a local guy was supposed to finish the paint. ( long Story but that’s where it was) and I was done sanding and was pressure washing it off and this happened. The base is staying but the clear is not.
974082C2-2D61-4336-8E6F-E79D75FE6AEE.jpeg
876DAE1D-BBF0-490A-BF2C-790927F35386.jpeg
FF1943E6-CFE6-4304-84D6-D8896A231A9A.jpeg
512543A0-534D-4187-B56D-C606BFC20678.jpeg
DEFD6F5F-F56B-4278-B63A-62BD4C2C8503.jpeg

• Angry
My local paint guy is gonna come see it on Saturday. Depending on what he quotes me will depict what I do. I hope to see it through but can’t do anything stupid to make it happen.

Sorry for the bad luck, but keep your head up...You got the hardest part done which is all the bodywork, so its going to look amazing after you get past that hurdle.

Staying tuned to here what your painter says

I agree. Just a hurdle. You can get past this. And when completed, the car will be an awesome looking unique '88 GT T-top which isn't that common. End result will be worth it!

• Agree
I’m at a cross roads as far as the car goes. I’m not gonna do anything hastily, but I’ve put some feelers out there to see what kinda offers I’d get. I gotta weigh the cost of completion vs moving on. The paint guy will be what really decides things. I sent him several pics and he thinks we should be fine. I’m not gonna hold my breath at this point.

For now, I’m gonna get the interior put back together do make what forward progress I can.

Got a bunch more of the interior put in the car today. This actually really helped with my frustration towards it. I’m still gonna wait to see what the paint guy says, but I’m leaning towards keeping it and finishing it out. I’ll keep you guys updated.

Thanks for all the support

Reactions: 5 users