88 vert Rear Shoulder Harness

chriovorg

Feb 9, 2010
MA
Hello,

I am new to the forum. I have been looking for a fox Convertible for a while and have found one. I am going to purchase it this weekend. I have two children ages 10 and 7. I want to ease the wifes concerns about only having rear lap belts. I know I should have looked for a 90 or above but I have not found any.

Is there a conversion to the 90 and up rear shoulder belt? Can I just get a set of 90 and above rear seatbelt parts and fit them to the 88? If anyone has done this I would love to hear from them. I Have searched the forums and on google and I never find any solutions just questions.

Thaks in advance,

• Sponsors (?)

possible solution found

Has anyone used these before in a back seat?
4 Point Installation Instructions

Looks like it would solve my issue and be safer in the long run for the children. If adults want to ride instead they could always just use the lap portion and leave the shoulder restraints off if they want.

Let me know what you guys think.

no welding involved for a vert. you will need the rear 1/4 panels and the shoulder belts from a 90+ vert. The shoulder harness installs with torx bolts.

for a correct swap you will need to drill/tap the floor pans for the mounting tabs for the seat bottom and the lap buckles, but you could get away with the 87-89 buckle placement. it will look odd but it will work. The shoulder belts mount to the back of the seat and do not require welding.