Progress Thread 92 GT Vert a lot of TLC required.

Hello Everyone,
New Fox body owner here from Los Angeles, Ca. Owning a Fox body has been a goal of mine for a while now. So when a buddy of mine brought up his red vert that had been sitting and forgotten for 2 years, I jumped on the chance. However, It seems that this fox needs more love then what I anticipated. I heard you guys love pictures so here you go.

The night I purchased her for $1,000

The next day

The front bumper was mangled at the bottom, there was no saving it so I went ahead and removed the front end to start cleaning her up.

Got her some temporary tires to make sure she rolls for now.

• Sponsors (?)

I went ahead and replaced the whole front end with LMR Parts. However I noticed a couple of things, Fitment is not Perfect and the light housings are not quality parts. I plan to keep the headlights, but I will purchase used markers and the other triangle light that sits adjacent to the grill. Those will be sanded down and polished.

Front Shot: I Plan to use after market fog lights (Driving Pattern), I plan on not using the fog light re-enforcement bar. Other then the sagging in the lower bumper (Seen in pictures), does anyone know of any other negative outcomes of this?

Reactions: 1 user
Making Room For the Mishimoto Radiator.

The AC system was completely non functional, Ac condenser was broken and the Compressor was seized. Which caused the Serpentine belt to break. Needless to say I will have to run without AC for now.

Looking at all these old wire looms made me want to clean up the bay. I went online and looked up some methods that have been used to tuck away some wires, BUT I am not a fan of none, it seems that most methods used forces our harnessed to stretch beyond what I feel comfortable with. So I decided to try something different, I Call it a semi wire tuck. ill post some updated pics after its nice and clean. Here's the Prep.

Upon installing the new 3G Alternator and tucking some wires, I found something interesting, I'm sure a lot of you might know this but just in case.

The old Power wire that runs from the alternator to the relay is actually connected to yellow wire. Which theoretically means I can delete that yellow wire together with the black power wire, after my 4 gauge upgrade. If I'm wrong, someone correct me.

Crimping and mocking up the 4Gauge

Modified headlight harness. "No Power wire" and no yellow wire. The Alternator wire is just a mock up to see if it works like it should. Once I verify, I will solder and heat shrink the connection.

Welcome!!!

It looks like you are well on your way with this project. You are making great progress so far, and glad to see you taking the time to clean everything up on our 30 year cars.

• Winner
What about that front bumper . That stinks ,your going to have problems somthings up .Your doing great work , and thats what its all about.
In regards to the front bumper, the light housing placement and alignment seems to be directly determined by the headlight panel, which is OEM. So I am going to try sourcing used OEM headlight sets and polishing them until they look better then new.
The lower fog light/support on the bumper will most likely go back in, after I clean it and trim some weight off it.
Thank you for the support!