93 5.0 MSPNP2 tuning ?s

Hope you're not ticked off at me.... I do appreciate the advice!

Did you have to still use the MAT/CLT correction with the MAT sensor moved to the inlet?
No, I used ego to take care of it... but my car liked to be lean so even a 10% difference would barely affect idle quality.
Like I said as long as it does not affect idle quality leave it be, shooting for a perfect number will drive you crazy.

• Sponsors (?)

Yes, otherwise it will take to long to start adjusting fuel...
You may need to lower the P-term to slow down the sensor. Dont go lower than 9
I-term may need to be adjusted possibly as low as 50
D-term is last resort a very small number here .1-1

Reactions: 1 user
Well, I think I may have learned a lesson. When trying to fine tune something, you can't rush it by making changes from a log from one time of day. You need a variety of logs to make a change otherwise you're chasing your tail. I know you guys already know that, and @a91what told me that, but I'm a hard head and have to do it the hard way....
Anyway, I think I got the idle afr as good as it's going to get. It about 4% rich in the morning when MAT is 110*. Right on around MAT 130-140* which is what it runs after driving for 20+ minutes. In the heat of the day while stopped in traffic for a little while it'll go 3-4% lean at 155*. To get there the MAT sensor is in the inlet piping, I am using the MAT/CLT correction, 2 days of morning and afternoon driving.
I tried using EGO control at idle. It seems to work well to reign that in pretty close. But it seems to cause problems with a hot start by surging. So I moved it back to 1200 rpm.
So I still have a lean condition on hot start. But I've played with it several different ways, I just ended up with using the last cell in the ASE Taper to a length to cause the least amount of problems. You can still tell when it ends, but it's not terrible. That's where I'm going to leave it for now, until I have another idea to try. There are a few other things I need to iron out, but I think I'm going to enjoy driving it for a little bit.:burnout:

Reactions: 1 user
Im glad you were able to get it close, 4% is not bad at all.!

I am glad I was able to help.

I'm greatful for your help!:hail:
I know I'll need to bug you more...
I know I kinda made a big deal about this idle situation, but the rest of the tune the car drives great compared to what is was. Seems way more smooth, more responsive, maybe a little more seat of the pants power!!!
Hey, what do you use from the log to get an idea on the power it's putting out?