93 cobra w whaaaaat? Anyone else seen this build!

• Sponsors (?)

Cool build, but they destroyed a nice 93 cobra in the process, which is sacrilege to me. I prefer the stock one before they started.
If you watch the video the owner talks about getting comments from '93 Cobra fans. His justification is that the car had 130,000 miles. My opinion is that they went overboard. The wheels are ugly and the rear diffuser is way overdone.

Reactions: 1 user
BTW, here's the trans that's in that thing. ANy idea what these go for?

And the $22K ALuminator 5.2 xs

I'd have to imagine at the end of the day, this cobra is selling for a loss.
That transmission costs over $20k brand new.

Absolutely crazy.

If you watch the video the owner talks about getting comments from '93 Cobra fans. His justification is that the car had 130,000 miles. My opinion is that they went overboard. The wheels are ugly and the rear diffuser is way overdone.

I totally agree. Regardless of mileage, it's a 1993 cobra and it sure looked clean. My personal favorite of all fox bodies.

Now with those stupid huge graphics and other items it looks like one of those retarded fart can, fast and furious wannabes. Just my .02 though. To each their own but that's just not my taste.

I totally agree. Regardless of mileage, it's a 1993 cobra and it sure looked clean. My personal favorite of all fox bodies.

Now with those stupid huge graphics and other items it looks like one of those retarded fart can, fast and furious wannabes. Just my .02 though. To each their own but that's just not my taste.
The graphics are off the car now. I think they were only there for an event. They did look ridiculous though.

Ahhhh the peanut gallery...I had to read these same comments from the inter web when I grafted the 68 sheet metal on the red car. That’s why I did what I did to a freakin Fairmont..I figured that car held no warm and fuzzy spot in anybody’s book of rules against modifying a certain fox body.

The car is done tastefully, and the work is nicely done. The graphics were probably put there for that spot as an advertisement. It has a coveted ford engine in it that makes stupid power, and yet there’s still people wondering why he didn’t just put a Windsor in it, and lose his ass on the sale.

You mustang guys kill me..anything that isn’t the same as what you have gets knifed.

Last edited:
Ahhhh the peanut gallery...I had to read these same comments from the inter web when I grafted the 68 sheet metal on the red car. That’s why I did what I did to a freakin Fairmont..I figured that car held no warm and fuzzy spot in anybody’s book of rules against modifying a certain fox body.

The car is done tastefully, and the work is nicely done. The graphics were probably put there for that spot as an advertisement. It has a coveted ford engine in it that makes stupid power, and yet there’s still people wondering why he didn’t just put a Windsor in it, and lose his ass on the sale.

You mustang guys kill me..anything that isn’t the same as what you have gets knifed.
Well that is not what I said. Go to post #2.
Did you do all those modifications to a 93 cobra? No.
The first time I saw your red car (if I remember correctly) was in a magazine. And I thought the execution was really cool.
I think the issue here is not the engine, it's the fact that he did it to a 93 cobra, now you may not appreciate the rarity of that car but a 'mustang guy' would.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
I doubt that they care very much what they paid to build it. They likely got their money back while doing whatever 'thing' with the reason for the build.

The sale is, "We're done with this and moving on".

• Agree
The first time I saw your red car (if I remember correctly) was in a magazine. And I thought the execution was really cool.
I think the issue here is not the engine, it's the fact that he did it to a 93 cobra, now you may not appreciate the rarity of that car but a 'mustang guy' would.
Sorry, I was looking at reply 44 instead when you said:
Poor justification, I hope he loses his ass in the sale.
If it sells.

I doubt that they care very much what they paid to build it. They likely got their money back while doing whatever 'thing' with the reason for the build.

The sale is, "We're done with this and moving on".

They probably didn't even pay for most of the parts.

I bet the SADEV decal on the side of a car featured in an event and Hoonigan video justifies the company probably giving them the transmission. Probably a 40-50% margin on it, which is cheap considering the amount of PR it generated.

But you are right. The car did it's purpose. Lets dump it and move onto the next.

I wonder how refined it is. It's got a nice motor and trans...but is the car well-put together or was it one of those "lets build it in a week and make it look good for the camera and hope nobody looks beyond the engine bay" sort of builds

• Agree
Well said.

They probably didn't even pay for most of the parts.

I bet the SADEV decal on the side of a car featured in an event and Hoonigan video justifies the company probably giving them the transmission. Probably a 40-50% margin on it, which is cheap considering the amount of PR it generated.

But you are right. The car did it's purpose. Lets dump it and move onto the next.

I wonder how refined it is. It's got a nice motor and trans...but is the car well-put together or was it one of those "lets build it in a week and make it look good for the camera and hope nobody looks beyond the engine bay" sort of builds
I think you hit on something here. I suspect it's some kind of advertisement for the guy's company. If he takes a loss he'll just write it off.

Hard to justify that engine and transmission price point unless you're trying to impress strangers at a car show.

I think you hit on something here. I suspect it's some kind of advertisement for the guy's company. If he takes a loss he'll just write it off.

Hard to justify that engine and transmission price point unless you're trying to impress strangers at a car show.

I think the owner actually works for Hoonigan. I believe he states his position in the beginning of the video.

My take is this really isn't an enthusiast build. I'm assuming sponsorships were involved

• Agree
I think it's cool. I get the whole keeping it stock thing, but who doesnt want to drive a cobra? And if you are going to drive a cobra, do you want it to get spanked by the soccer mom in an ecoboost ford flex/explorer?

I think it's cool. I get the whole keeping it stock thing, but who doesnt want to drive a cobra? And if you are going to drive a cobra, do you want it to get spanked by the soccer mom in an ecoboost ford flex/explorer?
Valid argument, but you can never go back to true stock and you'll always be chasing technology to keep up with the latest craze and speed improvements.

A stock Cobra is worth more comparatively speaking than a modified Cobra assuming it doesn't have some crazy engine and transmission combo.