93 cobra w whaaaaat? Anyone else seen this build!

• Sponsors(?)

95BlueStallion

Drop into my dm’s gurrrrrl
10 Year Member
Feb 22, 2007
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
www.goodreads.com
I am on the love it train. My car has 125k miles on it. It had 124k when I bought it. The wheel bearings hummed loudly, the brakes were shot, and the engine was very down on power. Chances are this Cobra was worn out too. It’s going to be many many more years from now before a worn out Cobra holds a high value. Like “barn find” 30 years from now where people don’t expect the car to even run time frame. He didn’t take a 30k mile survivor and ruin it. Now it’s cleaned up and screams. Maybe it’s the hot rodder in me, but he did the car a favor in my eyes. It just needs A/C and different wheels for me to really love it.

Mustang5L5

A little massaging and it went right in
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
I think they're old enough now that I would consider modifying it a bad idea on the order of modifying an original '66 GT350.

I agree, but only if the car is a low mileage survivior. I'd cringe at the thought of modding a car like that.

Now a 150K car in need of resto? fire away.

All this Cobra talk is getting me into seeking one out. I don't know what I want to do now. Find a decent Teal/Black cobra...or build my FFR Cobra kit car?

Habu135

Jan 10, 2019
California
I agree, but only if the car is a low mileage survivior. I'd cringe at the thought of modding a car like that.

Now a 150K car in need of resto? fire away.

All this Cobra talk is getting me into seeking one out. I don't know what I want to do now. Find a decent Teal/Black cobra...or build my FFR Cobra kit car?
Find a teal/black Cobra now. If you've wanted one since you were a youngster than you'll continue to want one.

Last edited:

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
Box behind Walmart
www.stangnet.com

B

How far will you have to go and how much money will you have to spend just to find one that is in equal shape to your current GT?

Once you have it, how much different of a driving experience will that be from your GT?

Now that your GT will outperform any [stock form] 93 Cobra and aside from being able to say, "I have a 93 Cobra. My GT is nicer", I have to ask: What fun will that be in comparison to.... A :O_o:

Reactions: Mustang5L5

Rdub6

Mustang Master
Dec 29, 2017
Long Island, NY
B

How far will you have to go and how much money will you have to spend just to find one that is in equal shape to your current GT?

Once you have it, how much different of a driving experience will that be from your GT?

Now that your GT will outperform any [stock form] 93 Cobra and aside from being able to say, "I have a 93 Cobra. My GT is nicer", I have to ask: What fun will that be in comparison to.... A :O_o:
And how much are you going to “build” on a ‘93 cobra. I would think the fun of the Factory Five would be the build process!

• Agree
Reactions: Olivethefet

Mustang5L5

Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
And how much are you going to “build” on a ‘93 cobra. I would think the fun of the Factory Five would be the build process!

That’s what I can’t decide. Fun of building, or instantly own a cool car.

Either way...need to finish current fox first

Mustang5L5

Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts

Mustang5L5

Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
I dunno...when I first saw a teal cobra in person I was just taken aback at how cool a color it is