93 Foxbody 2.3 auto V8 Swap need HELP!

Terry1135

Jan 11, 2019
Brick,NJ
i have a all original 40,000 mile 2.3l auto fox I picked up and I was planning on dropping a 302 in it. I have entire 89 car with a 302 and a t5 that runs and drive I wanna swap and need to know what needs to be modified to get the harnesses to work. Please help or give me a call at 7324561135.

• Sponsors (?)

Can it be done? Yes, is it worth hours of your time pinning out the 89 main harness to try to get it to play nice with your 93 dash harness? Me personally would just sell the 89 harness for a good bit and pickup a harness out of a 93.

Which harnesses can I use from the 89? and which do I need to buy for the 93

Unfortunately a lot changed from 1989 to 1993 in terms of wiring. There was a big change in 1990 so a 1989 engine harness won't interchange with a 1993 body harness. You'll need to grab a wiring diagram and possibly run some wires.

Securing a 1993 V8 engine harness would make things easier

If the car is a 93 I would honestly just sell the 89 wiring. They are easy to sell because allot of people need them for conversions for there 89 and below cars or just to swap to mass air. Toss that money towards the 93 main harness that you need. Install that harness in car, plug in your ECM and your good to move on to the next issue.

When purchasing a 93 harness it's easy to tell them apart from other fox harnesses. Look for a redish brown round large connector (dash/body harness connection) and two relays by the mass air plug

You can also use some 92 model year harnesses as well as they are the same as the 93 model. Only the later model year 92 harnesses are usable with 93. Early to mid year 92 harnesses you do not want for your 93. They do have the same big round red dash/body connection that you need but there fuel pump relay isn't by the maf. It's further in the wiring and places it under the driver seat. So avoid that one, just look for the big round redish brown/red plug and two relays by the mass air plug.

You will also need a 90-93 Manual o2 harness or just repin your current harness. If you don't you'll damage your ECM.