Fox 93 Foxbody Coupe value

Boostedpimp

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
May 8, 2003
NJ
I figured I'd share data my classic insurance has on market value sweeps from the last five years to the month on my year coupe.. which I thought was pretty interesting and worth sharing even though there would be many variables involved determining value obviously .

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 173
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 181
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 155
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 150
  • Sponsors (?)

Looks like i'll never buy another Fox. SN95 here I come.

I predict SN95 prices will rise. $18K for a clean '93 Coupe, yet $5K will get you a nice '94GT. Don't fear the jelly bean.

Reactions: 1 user
Nice value increase, but don't forget what a true #1 is. Go read their definition of a #1.

Most cars out driving around are #3's or #4's, maybe the odd #2. So, #3 value of $6,900 is more what is mostly for sale as driver quality.

That's what I always thought would happen. Foxes would be so heavily influenced that people will start to look at the SN95. Same chassis but with more improvements, better braking, better interior with the same motor. Only con is the weight. Next 5 years values will creep up on the 5.0 cars especially.

Nice value increase, but don't forget what a true #1 is. Go read their definition of a #1.

Most cars out driving around are #3's or #4's, maybe the odd #2. So, #3 value of $6,900 is more what is mostly for sale as driver quality.

I agree, but what is crazy is you can't pickup a rust bucket now without see prices in the 3k range pure madness

Attachments

• 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 113
I agree, but what is crazy is you can't pickup a rust bucket now without see prices in the 3k range pure madness

Agreed, anything that can run and drive and pass a MA inspection goes for $3-4K easy up here in MA no matter how rough it is. It's madness.

At the same time, when I browse the FB marketplace and see cars for sale at #1 pricing, you can easily see they are a #2 car when half the interior is broken, or it's missing trim, or has some scratches and dents.

It's like coin collecting. A mint condition 1932-D quarter sells for big money, but it need to be pristine to command that sort of money. Once you start getting into lesser condition coins, the value drops waaay off. So, if you take a mint coin valued at say $100K, and put one single scratch across the face, it's value plummets and you now have maybe a $10K coin. Same with cars in a way. You can't demand #1 pricing on a car that's had it's strut towers patched. You just can't.

Exactly. The problem with the $3-4k rust buckets is someone actually pays that price and that keeps the market value up.

I picked up a '98 V6 5spd Contour SE last year. It had 154,000 km (just under 100,000 miles). Owner screwed up the clutch and I picked it up for $500. 6 months earlier I saw it (i think it was the same car) advertised for $3500. The problem for the seller is no one wants a 20 year old Contour (except me). If no one bits on the rust bucket car for sale, price will go down if they want to move it.

The Contour is pristine underneath. It still has all the factory heat shields and the nuts that hold them on. Now anyone from an area where they put salt on the roads knows that those things are usually shot in a couple years. I had to remove one heat and was able to unscrew it and screw it back on after. I have never in over 30 years playing with cars been able to do that. When I got the MTO vehicle package it showed that 6 years ago it only had 64,000 km.

Seeing your Hagerty Valuation I thought I would go check mine. This is for my 90 GT Hatch. Prices are in CDN$. But the main reason I wanted to include it is we have the definition of all four main condition classifications (I know #5 is not listed - that's the non-running rusted parts cars everyone wants $3k for).

Hagerty Valuation.jpg

The problem with Haggerty valuations is they do tend to follow MSRP and not necessarily market demand. They value a GT convertible over a LX coupe 5.0 and give it a higher value, but that doesn't necessarily reflect current trend. In looking up my own car, an LX vert was valued higher than an LX coupe

Maybe in 20 years, that trend might reverse when you can buy Coyote cars for $5k and only reason to buy a 40-50 year old fox is to cruise around.

Reactions: 1 user