Progress Thread '93 Kenne Bell Notch

@Davedacarpainter so I think I want to patch those holes in the bumper cover and I wanted to get your opinion on the best option to do it? I already have fiberglass mats, resin, and bondo available if those are good options.

20190420_093044.jpg
Don't use the fiberglass repair. it'll be to brittle for the plastic and will eventually break away.

I'll look up on my thread my favorite way to patch holes and repair plastics.

I'll edit this posts in a few minutes with a paste from it.

Ok, this is from my Cliff Notes thread. It starts on page three and is done on page four.

https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/83-t-top-coupe-cliff-notes-edition.900362/page-3

A little farther in the thread is where I repaired my interior kick panels that had speaker holes in them. That might even be a more useful repair that you could use for your repair.

The Panel Bomding Adhesive is some incredibly strong stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Don't use the fiberglass repair. it'll be to brittle for the plastic and will eventually break away.

Ok, this is from my Cliff Notes thread. It starts on page three and is done on page four.

https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/83-t-top-coupe-cliff-notes-edition.900362/page-3

A little farther in the thread is where I repaired my interior kick panels that had speaker holes in them. That might even be a more useful repair that you could use for your repair.

Thanks! I'll check the link out in a little bit

You were referring to that polyflex stuff you used right? I'll have to see if I can get some of that at home depot today. That came out amazing. I never worked with that, but I'm assuming I put down the mat and layer the adhesive over it? And then sand?

You were referring to that polyflex stuff you used right? I'll have to see if I can get some of that at home depot today. That came out amazing. I never worked with that, but I'm assuming I put down the mat and layer the adhesive over it? And then sand?
Nah, not the polyflex. Use panel bonding adhesive, some drywall mesh and a few round pieces out of your old bumper.

Read my link, you'll see what i did. It'll hold forever.

Yeah man, I think it might be easier and cleaner to cut a rectangle out and mold one piece in than 4 individual pieces. That’s what I would do.

20190420_195750.jpg

Part 1 done. Think I did a pretty clean job cutting it out. My original bumper cover was in rough shape as you can tell. I cut it out with a dremel, I'm going to pick up a new bit tomorrow and start on the other bumper cover in the next couple days.

Reactions: 2 users
Update. I found this almost perfect cover for $100 so I'm going to sell the one I just bought for $40 and buy this one, instead of going through the process of patching the current one.
IMG_31281(1).jpg

Reactions: 5 users
Kind of frustrated now. I have a coolant leak somewhere. I'm pretty sure it's coming from the thermostat housing, which I'm dreading taking it off again. I might rent something to do a pressure test to be 100% sure where it's coming from.

Anyone else make a lot of impulse buys? I now have 2 different hoods, 2 bumper covers, 2 extra doors, extra fenders, etc.

Post that stuff, someone will buy it. Well, maybe. I’ve been trying to sell some almost new LX taillamp lenses and a BBK CAI for like 6 months. Anyone interested? :p