93 SSP Street/Strip Notch Under Construction Need Tips

Hi, I have never owned a V8 before and this is my first time building one. I have a silver 93 ssp notch. I'm doing this by myself because I don't know of any local ford guys that have mustangs near me. I already started on the engine and just know a few of the basics.

The interior is stock except for a pair of A4 Corbeau seats, short shifter. Stock transmission. 3.73 gears in the rear..not sure? the prev. owner said 3.73, but the sticker on the diff. cover says 3.31..hmmm have to inspect.

The engine is a 302 with a Vortech V1 supercharger, but took it to the local engine guy for a 347 stroker (still using sprchrgr) and going for 9 to 1 compression??. It has 42lb injectors, port and polished GT40 heads, probe dish pistons, blue ford roller rockers, flexlite electric fan, b303 cam (is e303 better?), weldon 255 fuel pump in the tank, stock oil pump (upgrade to?), canton 7qt oil pan with rear side kickouts, BBK Shorties, no fuel regulator, throttle body, air intake/filter, upper and lower intake manifold, distributor/wires, ignotion box. what do you recommend. I pick up my engine in 3 days from the builder. I know I might be changing some things..it's cool

The suspension/brakes are stock except for the eibach pro kit (springs and swaybars), BBK rear lowers, stock uppers, I will stiffen the frame and suspension later and uprgade to five lugs.

This car is my weekend car and I want to build a street/strip, beat on my diehard chevy/VW coworkers car...lol I don't have a budget, but I don't want to get crap I don't need. lol, Remener don't beat me up to much (newbie), I'm hear to make friends and learn. What are your recommendations on my build and parts I don't have

Sleepy93 (newbie)

• Sponsors (?)

First of all, welcome to the site man!

It seems like you have a nice base of parts to start off of. What are your power goals for the car? What intake manifold/throttle body are you running? How are you not running a fuel pressure regulator? Honestly, on a 347 stroker the GT40 heads and alphabet cam are really going to hurt your performance. If I were you I'd get a nice set of aluminum heads like TFS 170cc twisted wedges or AFR 185s.

If you feel the need to stick with an alphabet cam, the F cam works really well with boosted applications. If you have no loyalty to the Ford line of cams, just contact a custom cam grinder like Jay Allen at Camshaft Innovations or Ed Curtis at Flowtech Induction and have a custom cam ground for your setup. You'll get the best power and driveability by going that route. They'll also be able to match up the rest of your valvetrain components to the camshaft they design.

You didn't mention full length subframe connectors, so I'd recommend getting a set of them from Maximum Motorsports. Then, I'd focus on planting the new power you're making by getting a set of lower control arms and dialing in your rear suspension. Maximum Motorsports is the way to go for suspension mods. That should be a good start to your project. Get going on that, then come back and I'll spend some more of your money! :nice:

PS-- Post pics of your car!

93 notch build

Thanks for the reply:flag:,

I didn't set any power goals yet, i'm waiting and looking forward to the tune/dyno to find out what I have. This is my first V8 I ever owned. I ordered trickflows trackheat upper and lower intake with a 70mm throttle body. As for the gt40 port and polish, I decided to go with what I have for now and wait and see once the car is on the street. Oh yeah...the AFR 185"s...I read the article in the 5.0 magazine..maybe later.

I agree with Maximum Motorsports for the rear suspension but will wait till I find out how much HP I have and go from there. I tried posting pic's but had problems loading them. I'll try again.

Thanks