94-95 spindles let's chat

• Sponsors (?)

The stock brakes do fine one stop at a time.

Yup. The stock brakes, assuming they are in great mechanical condition with fresh pads/rotors shoe and clean fluid will stop great.....once.

It's doing it a 2nd time immediately after that you will crap your pants. They don't shed heat well, especially with that archaic 1-peice rotor/hub design up front.

You go way back to the days where you only got info from magazines,
10 years before the first fox was ever made..... BIG carb, BIG cams, Headers, 3 finger clutches that wore out an 18 year olds leg.... LOL... Thank you HOT ROD magazine for making our drivers into HORRIBLE drivers......

Aside from the cost, larger selection of wheels and the 'big brake look', think about it this way, stock brakes work very well on the street, everyday driving does not include jamming on the binders from 100+ mph more than once in a while. Upgrading with better flex lines, pads and shoes will get the job done with little to no drama.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
I am upgrading my 83 to 94 spindles and 5 lug bolt pattern.... I was coached on this site to upgrade to the newer 2 piston "gt" calipers and the slightly larger rotors, that were made for these parts, was a no brainer and relatively inexpensive.... Seems to me a great way to upgrade brakes for a grocery getter....

Aside from the cost, larger selection of wheels and the 'big brake look', think about it this way, stock brakes work very well on the street, everyday driving does not include jamming on the binders from 100+ mph more than once in a while. Upgrading with better flex lines, pads and shoes will get the job done with little to no drama.

Depends on your driving habits though. I don’t do 100mph but I’ve managed to fade my oem brakes on my DD a few times. 14” fronts and 13” rears. Had to actually let them cool a few times.

3-4 hard traffic stops from 70-0 will do that.

I drive like an ass though; so YMMV

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
I used to hot lap with stock brakes at 125mph. It did ok SN95 is so much better now.
As one of my old machinist said, he had drums on his dragster. "Drums would hold more then a caliper only one pass".