'94-'95 spindles...but what else

• Sponsors (?)

In terms of GT/V6 front brakes, then yes, 99-04 10.8 front brakes are better than 94-98 GT/V6 10.8" front brakes.

But the Cobra/Bullitt/Mach 1 13" brakes are better than both of them.

x2. I'm gonna be forced to use GT dual piston stuff up front on my fox with the Cobra drivetrain/cobra hydroboost. Like an idiot, I sold all my Cobra calipers, thinking I was gonna part this car, but now I'm using the drivetrain in a fox.:mad: I'm not paying 1 million dollars or whatever they want for Cobra brakes. :(

x2. I'm gonna be forced to use GT dual piston stuff up front on my fox with the Cobra drivetrain/cobra hydroboost. Like an idiot, I sold all my Cobra calipers, thinking I was gonna part this car, but now I'm using the drivetrain in a fox.:mad: I'm not paying 1 million dollars or whatever they want for Cobra brakes. :(

i got my reman calipers for 40 with pads, and my new rotors for 28 each, im sure you can get the same price since you're in the same industry too

i got my reman calipers for 40 with pads, and my new rotors for 28 each, im sure you can get the same price since you're in the same industry too

You got reman Cobra/Mach style dual pistons for 40? Holy crap!!!:D Why does 50resto charge freaking 329??...plus...the price of lines. I don't care if they say "COBRA" or not. Nobody sees that while your driving.

Go with 94-95 spindles on stock ride height fox bodies. For lowered Fox bodies go with 96-04 spindles. You won't get any bump steer that way. They push the wheels out 8mm more than 94-95, but with a 17X8 wheel it will not stick out...no worries. I ran that on Hack Job.

thanx for the heads up on that! i have NOT read that anywhere else....at least not yet. i do plan to either run eibach pros or the coilover so it will get a lower stance than what it is now.

thanx for the heads up on that! i have NOT read that anywhere else....at least not yet. i do plan to either run eibach pros or the coilover so it will get a lower stance than what it is now.

OK i'll say this before you ask, if you're going with coil overs go either MM or griggs if you're gonna do handeling stuff, QA1 is good for drag racing, stay away from granetelli and UPR coil over kits

Go with 94-95 spindles on stock ride height fox bodies. For lowered Fox bodies go with 96-04 spindles. You won't get any bump steer that way. They push the wheels out 8mm more than 94-95, but with a 17X8 wheel it will not stick out...no worries. I ran that on Hack Job.

again. im gonna go with what maximum says.

if you have a stock k member. use the 94-95 spindles. period. lowered raised stock whatever. tubular k member use 96+'s.

Maximum Motorsports - Warning: 1996-04 spindles & Stock pre-1996 K-members

In terms of GT/V6 front brakes, then yes, 99-04 10.8 front brakes are better than 94-98 GT/V6 10.8" front brakes.

But the Cobra/Bullitt/Mach 1 13" brakes are better than both of them.

what's going to be the difference in setup to run the 13" cobra/bullitt/mach brakes? would i still get the 99-04 spindles and just replace the rotors and calipers? or do i need to run spindles off of those specific cars?

i feel a headache comin' on......who has the tequila??

:puke:

in all seriousness, looks like i really need to do my homework on this before i buy anything. i'll be sure to call MM and maybe griggs and run by them what my overall plans are for the car and see what they tell me.

i very much appreciate the input!! :nice:

what's going to be the difference in setup to run the 13" cobra/bullitt/mach brakes? would i still get the 99-04 spindles and just replace the rotors and calipers? or do i need to run spindles off of those specific cars?

if you plan to run a stock K member stick with the 94-95's the 03 brakes will bolt right to the spindles, as far as what else you would need is a cobra master cylinder and booster to make up for the larger piston size of the caliper

It really doesn't matter what spindles you use man. Just buy a matching pair. The car is gonna handle the similar. And if you're running 17X8's....either way they won't stick out. With 94-95 spindles, 17X8's rubbed on my K-frame, preventing me from making a full lock both ways on the steering wheel. With the 96-04 spindles, it pushed the wheel out 8mm so I could make a full turn/lock both ways, and not have the tire rub.

Fivespeedsteed. Hack Job had a stock K-member with 96+ spindles. The arm is straight on those where the tie rods bolt to. The 94-95, is bent upwards, resulting in your tie rod going up, causing bumpsteer.

I have zero issues with bump steer on my lowered, 94-95 spindled '86. I've even read in some places that bump steer from lowering is a myth. Get the car aligned properly and it will have similar handling with either spindle type.

SVT32VDOHC, I know that hack job was originally a 4-eye. I have problems with my 245/45 tires rubbing the wheel well liners at full lock, and I've heard this is a common problem on 4 eye cars. I don't seem to rub anywhere else. Did you have this problem with either spindle type?

I have zero issues with bump steer on my lowered, 94-95 spindled '86. I've even read in some places that bump steer from lowering is a myth. Get the car aligned properly and it will have similar handling with either spindle type.

SVT32VDOHC, I know that hack job was originally a 4-eye. I have problems with my 245/45 tires rubbing the wheel well liners at full lock, and I've heard this is a common problem on 4 eye cars. I don't seem to rub anywhere else. Did you have this problem with either spindle type?

It is and it isnt, all vehicles regardless of setup cant be the same, so just because 95% of the cars suffer from bumpsteer from lowering doesnt mean your car will, bumpsteer is generally a problem from any lowered car, i know without a bumpsteer kit i would be ****ed, but its mandatory for me with the offset rck bushings, k member, and forward offset A arms, as far as a bumpsteer kit not fixing the 96+ problem i dont see how thats even possible, they provide so many different thicknesses of spacers i know you could get it pretty dead on

Hack Job was a 4 eye, and had fox length control arms and inner tie rods. I didn't have a problem with that car rubbing. I had a problem with my black car rubbing with the 94-95 spindles.

Did teh Hack have the original 4-eye fenders and wheel well liners?

Yes, it had the 81 fenders and liners...plus I added the 87-90 front LX molding too. So, that took up an extra 1/4" of room. Hack Job had zero rubbing issues with the 17X8 +30mm offset bullits and a 245 Goodyear.

My 91 had the same 17x8 +30mm offset 97 Cobra wheels with fox length control arms and tie rods and it rubbed on the back K-frame with the 94-95 spindles. All the paint wore off the K-frame, you could hear rubbing, and it made the sidewall of the tire smooth and shiney...:eek:

my 89 does this with 95 spindles, its mostly due to production variances and tolerances, 91+ fenders are a bit more open in the front and theres alot less chance of it happening with them. of course, mines also been hit in the front and i suspect the k-member maybe be at its limit on how far forward it can be (which shouldn't really be alot, but 1/32" here or there can really make a difference when it all adds up).