94-95 Tri-Bar wheels on Fox

QUICK91LX

Founding Member
Dec 7, 2001
New Jersey
OK well my 89 GT is converted to 5-lug and I'd like to use some 17" Tri-Bar wheels from a 95 GT on my car. I have the "junkyard" conversion, so I dont have the low profile sealed hubs. my question is if the wheels will fit over my hubs so that the center caps will fit. I already found out the hard way that 96-98 GT split spokes dont fit, the caps wont go on. Any input is welcome, thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

well lets see here...

A) the conversion was done before i got the car

B) i dont know what junkyards you have around but the ones around here rarely get cars like that, and if they do they are picked clean mere days after they arrive. i used the term "junkyard" because I have seen it referred to this way, and you are more likely to get the lincoln parts out of a junkyard than SN95 parts. Most people I've seen dont buy their SN95 parts out of a junkyard, either...

QUICK91LX said:
well lets see here...

B) i dont know what junkyards you have around but the ones around here rarely get cars like that, and if they do they are picked clean mere days after they arrive. i used the term "junkyard" because I have seen it referred to this way, and you are more likely to get the lincoln parts out of a junkyard than SN95 parts. Most people I've seen dont buy their SN95 parts out of a junkyard, either...

i hear ya man our local junkyards get a 4-banger it's stripped in days.

QUICK91LX said:
well lets see here...

I got my SN95 parts from a wrecker about an hour away.. they had 1 94GT.. nothing wrong with junkyard parts.

nah nothing wrong with junkyard parts, just seems that most people are buying their parts off other people, or mustang parts companies like mustangs unlimited, etc...

seriously though, not many junkyards around here get many cars that new...and they do get picked clean in a hurry...its just more likely to get 5-lug parts from an LSC in a junkyard than it is to find SN95 mustang stuff

iwashmycar said:
Tri-bars do fit a Fox, and I must say they look SWEET on our cars. I am doing the swap, but I am going to use waffles, since the 16" tires on my ponies are really good.

good choice with the waffles, I had a set on the 91 LX i used to have and absolutely LOVED the way it looked. This was a couple years ago, and around that time I rarely saw another fox with waffles...I was looking for waffles again this time, but I wanna stick with 17's, they just look SO good.