94 Impala SS Always Wanted 1...Had 2 Buy It

• Sponsors (?)

we will find out soon enough....i think the stang is faster off the line...well mine n e ways because of the gears....but after 40mph the impala really picks up speed so we will find out...hope to be taking both to the dragstrip sept 3rd
www.mpdragway.com
there having a street car shoot out...if you can drive it on the road then you can race it...check out their site for details

FlyBy763 said:
Impala= mid 14s

nope

my buddy has a '96 silver/green metallic with gray leather interior.
k&n air filter, exhaust, and pullies, my car will beat his off the line...
when my car hits 5th he's usually caught up to me, and if i'm not shifting well, he'll pass me.

nice car! :nice: it looks mean man. i love my buddy's impala.

and it's NOT a caprice dammit!! :D

chrisilversvt said:
nope try mid 15's stock...
Wrong again. I ran a 1995 Caprice 9C1 (police package) which was completely stock (not even a limited slip).

It ran 15.1s all day.

After 1.6 ratio roller rockers (stock GM is 1.5) a tune, tires (Goodyear F1), and a freshened automatic, it was running 14.7, 14.8s.

I can get time slips to prove this.

illwood said:
Wrong again. I ran a 1995 Caprice 9C1 (police package) which was completely stock (not even a limited slip).

It ran 15.1s all day.

After 1.6 ratio roller rockers (stock GM is 1.5) a tune, tires (Goodyear F1), and a freshened automatic, it was running 14.7, 14.8s.

I can get time slips to prove this.

its still 15's stock.....you did say 15.1 which is still in the 15's...then you said it took mods to get in the 14's...i never said they couldn't run faster with mods....and that is one example out of thousands of them...i was just trying to state that in general impala ss's ran in the mid 15's stock,which is a fact,and there are some obvious differences from the generl as it is with all cars... :shrug:

fwiw my close friend has a 96 ss and was talking major crap when i had my contour svt.....and when i ran him he had me out of the hole and for about 60 ft....and after that i slowly started to pull him and passed him and would have kept pulling all the way to the svt's top speed of 143....my svt ran 15.5's by the way....i also have his time slips which are of him running 15.6's etc....so does that mean all ss's run 15.6's not necessarily,but in general you will find they do run mid 15's stock,which was my point...