95 3.8 No Spark & Obd Ii Blowing Fuse

Hicchic243

Sep 1, 2017
Hey guys. Hope u can help. My 95 3.8 died on me. It cranks but no spark... Ive checked the coil pack and ignition control module. . however that didnt do it.... After calling FORD to determin what OBD it is. ..... When i plug my OBDII tester in. It blows the EEC 20 amp fuse in engine compartment.... Im looking for a short. But could greatly use some guidence... THANK YOU!

• Sponsors (?)

I once had this problem with my 4.6. I thought for the longest time my Anti-theft system was activated because all it would do was crank over, blow a pcm fuse, and not start. Long story short i traced it down to an electrical diode coming off of the coil pack system was hitting the block uncovered so it would arc out and blow. So basically you would follow the wiring harness leaving your coil pack until you see a single wire depart from the main harness and it will lead into a single gray sheath in which it connects to another single wire that leads to fuse box. i dont know if you can see it but its the single black wire on bottom of pic.

Attachments

• 20120228223256_5254.jpg
    20120228223256_5254.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 417
Borrow another tester from the auto parts store; if you have a credit card to post a security deposit, they will loan you an OBDII scanner.
When you return the scanner, they will take the security deposit off your credit card.