95 3.8 to 2.3 turbo swap

• Sponsors (?)

This will not be easy to do, how will the parts bills be verified, does this include buying the engine? of course longevity is out the window. How to verify hp, being your in virginia and likely the competition will not be near you so that's a hurdle.

Just to scare the competition, here's a quote from an article in motortrend.com on the 5.0 rotson engine with a 7.3 turbo and a blow through carb, I think it was a 750 cfm on the westech dyno.

With the turbo setup from the ROADKILL episodes back in place and running a more aggressive 15 pounds of boost, the engine made a phenomenal 617 lb-ft of twist and 550.8 hp—almost double what the motor was putting out stock.

Non Intercooled Supercharger on on a 5.0 with factory heads cam and intake exhaust and no money left to tune it, is not going to make near...the number.
base supercharger and an home built MS1... I can tune it.. specially if i can grab things from the junkyard. OR dump the supercharger and just grab a JY turbo and fab the hot and cold side myself... spend less than 2k

No tune necessary. Keep the 19 lb injectors and run a FMU.

Ran a setup like this for several years. Speed density too :shrug:

Everyone who was anyone had an obnoxiously loud V1 S-Trim.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah they'll make a lot of power. Problem is, parts are getting harder to find. Set of pistons, $550+. Set of rods, $500+. That's for FOUR of them (not 8). Turbos aren't cheap, a 4 cylinder T5 won't last long with anything over stock power levels, intercoolers are expensive, standalones, tuning, it all adds up. Honestly, anymore it's cheaper to build a V8. I still like mine (2.3T swapped '93 coupe) but I keep thinking that a V8 will be just as quick and get about the same MPG, while being more reliable. If you daily drive a Lima 2.3 turbo, you need to keep the jack stands on standby, as well as keep your favorite wrecker service on speed dial.

FMU's are junk. Anytime you run your fruity cycle that high on an Injector your going to loose proper spray pattern.
I 100% agree, however when the injector is wide open its just spraying fuel anyway.... all the fuel is directed at the back of a closed valve. with these 2 things in mind just getting the right amount of fuel into the cylinder is whats needed.... the injector timing does not spray at an open valve

Just to scare the competition, here's a quote from an article in motortrend.com on the 5.0 rotson engine with a 7.3 turbo and a blow through carb, I think it was a 750 cfm on the westech dyno.

With the turbo setup from the ROADKILL episodes back in place and running a more aggressive 15 pounds of boost, the engine made a phenomenal 617 lb-ft of twist and 550.8 hp—almost double what the motor was putting out stock.

Yeah I did that back in the early 1990's but in a Maverick. Same exact setup. People said it would never make any more than 400hp, but guess what? It did that...and a whole lot more. Fun car........when it wasn't broken. Wish I still had it.