95 GT bogs when its cold

this might be a really stupid question, but do you guys let the car warm up before you start driving? When its cold out and i dont let the car heat up itll bog, but if i do let it warm up it runs perfectly fine.

• Sponsors (?)

I replaced my ECT sensor also, and noticed an improvement but it's still there...

I try to warm it up by letting it idle for about a minute or two but the second I put it in gear and start to push the pedal after releasing the clutch, it struggles...

This sucks, lol.

Chowder Head,

If you haven’t done so, clear the KAM (Keep Alive Memory) in your car’s PCM. You should do this whenever you change a sensor. Just disconnect the negative terminal on your battery for about 5 to 10 minutes.

If your car was running with a bum sensor, clearing the KAM gets rid of any adaptive learning corrections that the computer has stored to compensate for the bad sensor input.

Note that the first five minutes or so of driving after clearing the KAM will be a bit funky, while the computer receives all the sensor signals again.

There is also another sensor, the ACT (Air Charge Temperature) sensor, that is involved in keeping the car running right at different temperatures. But, since the ACT measures the temp of the air coming into the intake, it would normally only cause problems in cold weather. Since you initially said that your symptoms were drivability problems with a cold engine (not cold outside air temps), the ECT was the most likely cause.

MLC Stang said:
Chowder Head,

If you haven’t done so, clear the KAM (Keep Alive Memory) in your car’s PCM. You should do this whenever you change a sensor. Just disconnect the negative terminal on your battery for about 5 to 10 minutes.

If your car was running with a bum sensor, clearing the KAM gets rid of any adaptive learning corrections that the computer has stored to compensate for the bad sensor input.

Note that the first five minutes or so of driving after clearing the KAM will be a bit funky, while the computer receives all the sensor signals again.

There is also another sensor, the ACT (Air Charge Temperature) sensor, that is involved in keeping the car running right at different temperatures. But, since the ACT measures the temp of the air coming into the intake, it would normally only cause problems in cold weather. Since you initially said that your symptoms were drivability problems with a cold engine (not cold outside air temps), the ECT was the most likely cause.

Actually, I did reset it after I put the new ECT sensor in. I've noticed an improvement, but I can still feel it. And I don't think my ACT is acting up because we really haven't had cold weather down here yet. This is Florida, ya know. I just don't know what else to try, lol.