95 Stang Firing Hot And Getting Fuel But Won't Start

Swadey95

Active User
Oct 3, 2016
Clarkson Ky
I recently bought a 1995 mustang gt. Thought I'd found a cherry car, it's got 90000 miles and is in excellent condition, one owner which was an older lady. I buy it start driving it home, make it about 40 miles and it dies. After having it hauled home I start the hunt. No fire anywhere, gas to fuel rail but not making it through the injectors. Changed parts in this order. Coil, ignition module, and last pip, which fixed it. I went ahead and bought a new distributer. Ran good for a couple weeks. Ran it kinda low on gas again acquired a little miss. Bought some Lucas, put it in the tank. Drove it a bit and the little miss went away. Parked the car at my girlfriends a couple nights later. Next morning started it up, let it warm a minute or so. Took off and made it about 50 ft. Cranking to start back, it hit a lick a couple times then no more. It's firing hot, getting fuel to rail and through the injectors. Don't have a guage to check pressure but when I hold the bleeder down it has PLENTY of pressure. Don't have a code scanner. Someone please help. Thank you..

• Sponsors (?)

I recently bought a 1995 mustang gt. Thought I'd found a cherry car, it's got 90000 miles and is in excellent condition, one owner which was an older lady. I buy it start driving it home, make it about 40 miles and it dies. After having it hauled home I start the hunt. No fire anywhere, gas to fuel rail but not making it through the injectors. Changed parts in this order. Coil, ignition module, and last pip, which fixed it. I went ahead and bought a new distributer. Ran good for a couple weeks. Ran it kinda low on gas again acquired a little miss. Bought some Lucas, put it in the tank. Drove it a bit and the little miss went away. Parked the car at my girlfriends a couple nights later. Next morning started it up, let it warm a minute or so. Took off and made it about 50 ft. Cranking to start back, it hit a lick a couple times then no more. It's firing hot, getting fuel to rail and through the injectors. Don't have a guage to check pressure but when I hold the bleeder down it has PLENTY of pressure. Don't have a code scanner. Someone please help. Thank you..

Easiest way and lazy way to see if it's fuel related, get a can of starting fluid, give a good shot into intake. If it's fuel it will fire for a second or so then die. If it doesn't start, pull one of the plug wires and stick a spark plug in it ground against head or intake bolt have someone crank motor. Should spark if ignition is good. If not you'll need to troubleshoot ignition. Coil/ tfi module, etc. kinda weird that in the beginning of post you said fuel goes up to rail but not injectors. How is that even possible? If fuel pumps from tank through filter all the way up front to rail it's got to flow to injectors. I would buy/ borrow a fuel pressure guage. Do a key off/ on running test if you get it running. Check connections at fuel pump relay/ fuse. You could have corrosion or a bad relay. You might want to replace relay and fuse with new ones. Also get ahold of a code reader, their could be other things going on you need to know about. Don't be a parts changer, please diagnose your problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easiest way and lazy way to see if it's fuel related, get a can of starting fluid, give a good shot into intake. If it's fuel it will fire for a second or so then die. If it doesn't start, pull one of the plug wires and stick a spark plug in it ground against head or intake bolt have someone crank motor. Should spark if ignition is good. If not you'll need to troubleshoot ignition. Coil/ tfi module, etc. kinda weird that in the beginning of post you said fuel goes up to rail but not injectors. How is that even possible? If fuel pumps from tank through filter all the way up front to rail it's got to flow to injectors. I would buy/ borrow a fuel pressure guage. Do a key off/ on running test if you get it running. Check connections at fuel pump relay/ fuse. You could have corrosion or a bad relay. You might want to replace relay and fuse with new ones. Also get ahold of a code reader, their could be other things going on you need to know about. Don't be a parts changer, please diagnose your problem

Reason I said that about the fuel rail and injectors was because rail had plenty of fuel but injectors was dry as a bone
That's when the pip went out. Noe plugs are soaking wet just after a couple cranks. Didn't check all the plugs, but the 5 I pulled was. I'm leaning toward fuel regulated. What's ur thoughts on my new info sir?

Pull the vacuum hose on fuel regulator, if any fuel comes out replace regulator. The other test is with fuel pressure gauge installed on rail, when you pull vacuum line with motor running, a functioning regulator will jump up about 5 points. If it doesn't or jumps way up replace regulator.

When I pulled vacuum lines off. The one on the side of the regulator seemed damp with gas and most definitely a strong gas smell. I hooked the hose up to the regulator side, got in the car and turned the key on and off several times. It made a noise like air or squirting out. Didn't see no gas though. Definitely made a weird noise.