95 upgrades

Gt95

Nov 4, 2018
Benton, Pa.
I have a 95 gt, getting ready to add gt40 heads, tfs stage one cam, shorty headers, 95 cobra upper intake and a (bb) casting number lower intake. My question is , will these upgrades work together? Ty

• Sponsors (?)

That’s pretty much the sub $1000 upgrade starter kit.

Make sure to change those gt40 springs. Trickflow makes a good kit.

I’d add a set of 3.55 gears too if you can.

Cam swap, stock heads and bolt-ons isn't near stock these days? :D

3.73 or lower is pretty standard unless you have a blower/turbo. Stock the car probably came with 3.27 so going to a 3.55 is barely a noticeable change.

Unless his was an AOD car orig it had either 2.67's or 3.08's. Even my 95 cobra had 3.08's in it..

Like I said, with actual power 4.10's are too much for the street. Besides, who wants to cruise around at 60mph taching 3k rpms?? lmfao

I've never got a car with stock gears so IDK TBH.

I drove my Red 95 with 4.10s everywhere, didn't really care too much what the RPM was at on the freeway these cars get pretty crap mileage to begin with so not much of a concern when I was more worried about turning out good ETs.

Reactions: 1 user
I've never got a car with stock gears so IDK TBH.

I drove my Red 95 with 4.10s everywhere, didn't really care too much what the RPM was at on the freeway these cars get pretty crap mileage to begin with so not much of a concern when I was more worried about turning out good ETs.

Worrying about tenths from a set of gears lol. Totally man.. def. worth it to turn 3k on the freeway burning up gas at a much higher rate, haha.

Maybe use some of the money you save for some real hp.

When your Mustang is really only good at straight lines a few tenths is worth it over MPG, gas is cheap if I wanted to save it I'd of bought a Prius.

Also the jump from 3.55 to 4.10 isn't even that bad on the freeway like you make it out to be in top gear.

With a 26" tire and .68 OD.
3.55 will pull around 1900 rpm @ 60mph
4.10s will pull around 2200 rpm @ 60mph

Even lower RPM if you roll around on a set of 28" et streets like I have.

Not saving much gas money with 300~ rpm difference on the freeway, and you may even see better MPG around town since the car rolls out easier.

Everyone is afraid of the gear without even pulling up a gearing calculator to look at what it actually does.

Lower HP cars like OP has will do well to have more gear will get into the power band quicker and make it easier to stay there.

Worrying about tenths from a set of gears lol. Totally man.. def. worth it to turn 3k on the freeway burning up gas at a much higher rate, haha.

Maybe use some of the money you save for some real hp.
For the record, I didn’t notice sht for mpg difference when going to 4.10 gears.

Engine speed isn’t sht when your computer tune is based on air going in and not engine engine speed.

The only thing that changes when going to 4.10s is engine speed. The air it takes to get said rpm is still the same thing, so fuel still compensates the same.

Maybe you should spend less time bashing other people, and learn how the fuk to give some useful advise.

Idk if you’re aware of this, but tenths are the difference between winning and losing races.

You’re quickly learning how to alienate people.

People need not fear the lower gear.

Reactions: 1 users
Stock gears work really well with turbo, thats my only input. Automatics definitely need a bump imho. However the recurring attitude problem by Mr. @RioRed95Cobra isn't really appreciated and adds little of value other than to harass positively contributing members who have well reasoned opinions, and I think it reflects poorly on this community. He and I have had this discussion before, a bit more graphically. Perhaps time for a timeout @General karthief.

When your Mustang is really only good at straight lines a few tenths is worth it over MPG, gas is cheap if I wanted to save it I'd of bought a Prius.

Also the jump from 3.55 to 4.10 isn't even that bad on the freeway like you make it out to be in top gear.

With a 26" tire and .68 OD.
3.55 will pull around 1900 rpm @ 60mph
4.10s will pull around 2200 rpm @ 60mph

Even lower RPM if you roll around on a set of 28" et streets like I have.

Not saving much gas money with 300~ rpm difference on the freeway, and you may even see better MPG around town since the car rolls out easier.

Everyone is afraid of the gear without even pulling up a gearing calculator to look at what it actually does.

Lower HP cars like OP has will do well to have more gear will get into the power band quicker and make it easier to stay there.

You roll around on ET Streets all the time? Lol.. look who people are listening to on here. Shocker.

Street tires + 550rwhp + 4.10's = you're an idiot. I don't care what the :leghump:ing calculator says, learn some real world things before you benchrace.

For the record, I didn’t notice sht for mpg difference when going to 4.10 gears.

Engine speed isn’t sht when your computer tune is based on air going in and not engine engine speed.

The only thing that changes when going to 4.10s is engine speed. The air it takes to get said rpm is still the same thing, so fuel still compensates the same.

Maybe you should spend less time bashing other people, and learn how the fuk to give some useful advise.

Idk if you’re aware of this, but tenths are the difference between winning and losing races.

You’re quickly learning how to alienate people.

People need not fear the lower gear.

We get it.. your car is slow and you need a couple tenths from the cheapest parts you can afford. Thanks for the heads up.

Again, if you think street tires and 4.10's and actual HP is smart, then you've clearly never owned a car with that much power.. which explains you and the other dudes bs opinions.

We get it.. your car is slow and you need a couple tenths from the cheapest parts you can afford. Thanks for the heads up.

Again, if you think street tires and 4.10's and actual HP is smart, then you've clearly never owned a car with that much power.. which explains you and the other dudes bs opinions.

My car puts down more power to the wheels n/a than a lot of people make with forced induction.
4.10s and street radials are no problem If you know what you’re doing with a clutch and a gas pedal. I’m sorry if you can’t successfully drive a car with 4.10s. Must suck.

If you’re too good to gain a tenth from $220 parts, then I guess you have secrets nobody else knows. But I doubt it.

Let’s see your numbers, assuming you run more than your mouth.

People come here to get opinions, not snobby-ass comments from guys who just try and :poo: on people.

Maybe you should just forget your login info and do everyone a favor.

Street tires + 550rwhp + 4.10's = you're an idiot. I don't care what the :leghump:ing calculator says,

I agree with this 100% except that your delivery is going to get you tossed right out of here. If you can't find a way to bring your argument differently than what I've seen so far, you are more than welcome to head back to bookface where that sort of thing is encouraged.

Back on topic: I run 2:73s behind 500+ ft/lbs of torque and still roast the tires in any of the first 3 gears. I could probably roast them in the last 2 with some RPM but that is skeeeeeeeeeeery in a Fox. :hide:

Please carry on. :)

• Agree