96 Explorer Block Swap

Chris Lennon

Jan 8, 2017
Hello everyone,
I recently bought a 96 explorer engine with gt40 heads and intake. I understand it's the swap block at the current engine in my car (94 gt). My plan is to duly rebuild it and swap it into my stang as she's approaching her last leg. Can anyone give me information on what all is needed for a smooth swap. I know some front accessories need to be swapped over but which ones? Budget for build 1700-2000 thanks again!

Attachments

• IMG_7043.JPG
    IMG_7043.JPG
    264 KB · Views: 249
  • Sponsors (?)

IMG_7114.JPG
IMG_7115.JPG
IMG_7102.JPG
Hello everyone,
I recently bought a 96 explorer engine with gt40 heads and intake. I understand it's the swap block at the current engine in my car (94 gt). My plan is to duly rebuild it and swap it into my stang as she's approaching her last leg. Can anyone give me information on what all is needed for a smooth swap. I know some front accessories need to be swapped over but which ones? Budget for build 1700-2000 thanks again!

Pretty much swap all your 5.0 stuff over to the explorer short block and call it a day.

I'd probably change out the cam, and upgrade the springs on the heads, in addition to the mods you'll need to use the explorer intake

Hows' that harbor freight engine stand hold up to the weight of the 302?

Reactions: 1 user
Pretty much swap all your 5.0 stuff over to the explorer short block and call it a day.

I'd probably change out the cam, and upgrade the springs on the heads, in addition to the mods you'll need to use the explorer intake

Hows' that harbor freight engine stand hold up to the weight of the 302?
My harbor freight stand (same as his) held a fully dressed 408w just fine for months...