97 Cobra wheels, SN95 swap to 93Notch, Tire sizes, Issues?

GeorgeORH

Apr 7, 2011
Hey guys- Great Forum here. I'm a long time reader/searcher but a first time poster.

I bought a 93 notch about 6 Months ago and drove it straight to the Mechanic (slick tires, too much black oil, no 2nd gear, missing interior pieces,ect).

I am now to the point of doing a full SN95 5 Lug conversion to the Notch. I have a donor 95 sitting beside it (gutted basically).

I have a set of 97 Cobra wheels in my sights and hope I end up with them.
They already have 245-45-17 tires on them.

What issues "if any" will I run into sliding these wheels onto my car?
I have read here until my head hurts about offsets, axle combos, and
such... Just hoping some of you guys can give me the straight on it.

Thanks so much.

• Sponsors (?)

How low is your car?

If not too low, you won't have any issues at all. I have the same wheels and tire sizes on my car...with Mach 1 springs. They fit like OEM and no rub anywhere. Sn95 cobra front and rear (sn95 axles).

DSC00092-1.jpg

Right now my car is stock height. What is the info on your Mach1 springs? Did they lower the car?

I had my wheels bought out from under me, so Now I'm in the market for a set just like yours if anyone knows of any out there...Arg.

They did lower the car...maybe 1/2" The specs of the springs are very similar to the ford racing "C" springs (which i swapped out), but not as low.

Since my car was a weekend cruiser, i got sick of the rough ride and ditched the lowering springs for the Mach 1 springs. The Mach springs handle very well though

I'm guessing that your tires are 245-45-17's?

My car is going to be a fun weekend cruiser and I want it to ride nice. I love the look of a lowered Mustang but I don't want back problems after driving around a few miles.

I may try a set of the Mach1 Springs... What year springs did you get? New , Used? Any mods to put them on?

Yes, 245/45/17. I'm running sn95 cobra brakes/axles front and rear.

Springs are from 2003/2004..or you can get 2001 bullitt springs which are 1/4" lower. I got mine used for $75

Install is like any other fox spring. It's taller, so the front might be a little trickier. I'm running isolators in the rear, but none up front just to get it a little lower up front.

Here's a side profile shot

DSC00099.jpg