98 Cobra Vortech Kit Uninstall

edbo

Mar 31, 2005
Valley, AL
Obviously going back to N/A on my 98 which was bought with the kit on it and no spare parts/info whatsoever, I'm just trying to get a little feedback. Here is what has been acquired and I need to know that I'm not going to be missing anything.

There are several bolts that hold on the bracket the SC mounts to. I am guessing that I will need to replace these bolts with stock 4.6 motor bolts. Anyone know what size they are or where they can be obtained?

I will also need to go back to a stock serpentine belt, however, my pulleys were changed to occommodate an 8-rib belt. Any ideas on what I'll be looking at what I need to get this replaced.

I am replacing the 42lb injectors w/30 lb units. Also, a BBK Cold Air Kit has been acquired to outfit the induction system. The original MAF sensor was outfitted with an 'extender' for tuning with the SC setup. Not sure what it originally was set for, should I just acquire another MAF calibrated for 30lb injectors, remove the SCT chip and go to original tune on the car?

Oh yeah, I do realize that I'll be removing the oil lines (return & sending adapter). Are there any other bases not being covered by this?

• Sponsors (?)