98' Cobra with bad exceleration

MacDiesel

Feb 5, 2004
I just bought a 98 cobra and when i excelerate in 2nd through 5th gear at a rapid pace it kind of cuts out. Any ideas? Also, I have a problem with my turn signals and lights. Sometimes my driver side headlight goes out and my passenger side brake light doesn't work, and my turn signals don't work if i click them in full position. I have to hold them down or up for them to work. Can anyone please help me.

• Sponsors (?)

I'd check the fuel filter, and consider replacing the turn signal stalk... I've read they had problems with the stalk. Sometime's my wife's blinker acts funny, and sometime when you switch from high/low beam the headlights go AWOL for a sec

The switch in your blinker is gone, get a new stalk, as for the drag, I dont know about a fuel filter, if you only feel it in a certain gear, you might want to chech your IMRC, it could be numerous amounts of things if you'd like i could help you on the subject witha little more info.

It's the multi-function switch (stalk) for the tron problems. I encountered similar problems in my '98 Expy. I replaced the multi-function switch (about $75.00 list) and that was it. I've not had any more problems. Ford has a TSB out on it for all cars/light trucks 1997-2000. Per BcCobra, we need more detail on the cut-out issue to be of any value. Otherwise, shooting in the dark gets expensive.