Progress Thread 99 Gt Vert/sketchy_gt

Well talked to the trans guy and it needs a new main shaft and new cluster gear, but on the bright side i should have the car back just in time for some 4th of July car shows:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

IMG_0162.JPG
Back under the car cover til a fuel pump arrives

Mine seem to do that to, when it rains it pours! I just price new cars and look at the payments and insurance and registration and that calms me right down! The only hard part for me was getting the damn gas coupling's uncoupled. I bought the plastic and metal tools but it was still a pain, I think I was being too careful though because the third time it went real quick and easy. First pump was wrong one and had to put back together for work, got the right one but it was bad so third time the charm( original was getting noisy so...). Hope this ends your run for a while!

Mine seem to do that to, when it rains it pours! I just price new cars and look at the payments and insurance and registration and that calms me right down! The only hard part for me was getting the damn gas coupling's uncoupled. I bought the plastic and metal tools but it was still a pain, I think I was being too careful though because the third time it went real quick and easy. First pump was wrong one and had to put back together for work, got the right one but it was bad so third time the charm( original was getting noisy so...). Hope this ends your run for a while!

I hope i get to drive it for at least a few months :)

I feel your pain. I"m on my third engine in 6 months. :( From what we can tell all issues were parts failures and not our fault.

Yeah I followed your progress thread from the beginning, but cars break i guess and sometimes way faster and way worse than one would liike

Floor jack and a piece of 3/4 " plywood, the emptier the tank the better. The third time I did it in under 45 minutes from jacking up to down and finished, the connections messed me up the first time. The ZX2 has the top of tank access thank goodness.