99 Mustang.. 302-351 Swap Need Help

1lowv6

Mar 17, 2016
Saluda va
has anyone done a 302-351 carb swap in the 99-04 body? need some help and wondering what all I will need for the swap. and before any one says (sell it and buy a v8) I want to keep this car!!!! and I don't want a 4.6 in it. like I said I want to do a carb swap, and emissions is not a problem where I live at. and im going to run new gauges for tach,water temp, oil pressure, etc.

• Sponsors (?)

You'll need a pressure regulator as the in tank fuel pump will push 40lbs of pressure or more...not good for a carb. You'll also need a stand alone ignition system from MSD or the like. You'll have to isolate all the needed wiring for ignition and fuel pump. You must remove the factory PCM unless you plan to use it in conjunction with PATS. If not, then remove the PCM and PATS transponder. You'll also need to adapt new heater lines to the clip style units. Power steering will also be another hurdle. You'll have to use a 302/351 unit and adapt it to the steering rack in the SN95. The power steering pump also supplies pressure for the brake booster. Other than that, I can't think of anything else. You might as well remove the check engine light if you plan to keep the stock PCM for whatever reason.

Good Luck! Make sure to post the swap on the forums!