99 Mustang GT High Rev On Cold Start

And I will have my ForScan ODB2 scanner w ELM327 USB tomorrow. I'll download the software from forscan website. When I do what should I be looking for. What perimeters do I need to add to the selected PID's. I'm on the website familiarizing myself with the software as to be somewhat knowledgeable on what to do.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm asking about an after market alarm system. Why? Because the Ford factory PATS alarm system will NEVER shut off the the motor once it has started. Therefore the start and immediate quitting would not be a symptom of the Ford factory PATS. But start/quitting could be a sign of an AFTER MARKET alarm system.

As for what "could" cause a motor to jump time how about worn timing chain tensioners? Allowing the chains to go slack. The rest is history especially if the motor ever backfires and turns over back wards. Does the motor make a chain rattling noise after a cold start up?

I don't think so. I'll inspect the chain tensioners this Thursday. I'll take a video as well. I plan on replacing the fuel filter, crankshaft sensor, pulling each spark plug, checking gap and replacing if necessary and checking the fuel pressure. I'll have to look real good to see if there is an aftermarket alarm installed but I won't know for sure where to look for it. I'm just starting out learning about everything there is to know about my 99 GT. I'll need to know everything for future builds. Plus I'll be using the software you told me to buy.

WMBURNS,
Attached are some of the files I ran during diagnostics on my mustang with the software you requested I buy. Let me know what you think might be the issue.

Attachments

• Dashboard forscan running data.PNG
    Dashboard forscan running data.PNG
    209.6 KB · Views: 151
  • Live Data Mustang.PNG
    Live Data Mustang.PNG
    219.2 KB · Views: 148
  • Mustang Error Codes 2.PNG
    Mustang Error Codes 2.PNG
    145.7 KB · Views: 141
  • Mustang Error Codes.PNG
    Mustang Error Codes.PNG