A boy and his blower...

BrianV

Founding Member
May 19, 2002
McChord AFB, WA
Just some updates and a little picture story of the blower install so far...

The parts list.. hard to keep track of where everything was coming from and how much it was :)
partlist.jpg

Oh man my bedroom is a friggen mess!!
superroom.jpg

Things finally starting to show up!! This is my gaugepod and one of 3 gauges... the EGT gauge
gaugepod.jpg

The UPS lady must love me too! My new main bracket. Hats off to vortech for including all the hardware, a new belt, and new idler pulley with it too!
bracketbox.jpg

My buddy gettin ready to tear into some stuff with me... hookin up our new lil compressor.
dalleair.jpg

Stickers belong on a toolbox.. not a car! *ahem ricers*.. threw in a little pitch for ya there KrazyKoncepts guys :) (I expect a discount if I ever need anything from you :D )
toolbox.jpg

Finally getting some stuff done.. tank dropped for install of the new 255lph intank pump, inline pump and battery relocation kit (on it's way).
tankdrop.jpg

Heres the new fuel pump all ready to go in.
fuelpump.jpg

Well thats it for now, suppose I should go take a shower since I'm greasy and reaking of fuel :)

• Sponsors (?)

TurboSnake95 said:
I stopped adding a long time ago, now I just spend spend spend :D

Will

Hey I had to add it up..... to see how much more cool stuff I could buy with what's left over :D

I'm really hoping to have her all done and rolled out before the 15th cuz I'm expecting to be leaving for overseas then. As long as the parts that are all on the way, show up and are the right stuff I should be able to do it :nice:

Well yesterday I was able to knock out the most dreaded part, knocking a hole in the oil pan :banana: Took a while and it was a PITA but got her done and attached the oil drain line.

oildrain.jpg

Then today I got all the mounting hardware situated and everything else moved out of the way enough to get a mock-up shot with the blower on.. man is it a pretty sight :D

vortechmock.jpg

Takin a break while I go to work tonight.. I have a little more I can do, then its just waiting on parts, get the next major batch in on monday or tuesday. Cant.. wait.. til this is done :)

viperos said:
so, what model # vortec did you get?? you know I might just have to copy you sometime down the line :D

-although... I probably never will do it, kidna nice to know what other people went w/ :D

Well, I was trying to get a V1 S-Trim, because its loud a fack, but because I bought it used and the guy apparently didnt know what he was talking about, I got a V2-SQ (super quiet). Though I will probably end up sending this one to vortech some day for a T-Trim (race type blower).

Yeah, I know what you mean.. I had a '92 Thunderbird SC for my first car, came stock with an Eaton roots type blower on it, pretty much the same exact sound as the 03 cobra blower.. man I miss that sound :)