Aarrggghh!!

• Sponsors (?)

strangeice69 said:
and he doesnt own a mII????

Oh, he owns (owned) IIs, see him buying complete cars too. Probably the kind of guy to buy an original low mileage King and strip it for parts to sell :damnit:

Just ranting, don't know him personaly so I can't say if he's a great guy or a dick, but I've lost more than a few auctions to him. I've emailed him right after asking how much he wants to sell the part for now. Never replies, guess he doesn't want me to know his margins :shrug:

BTW: Anyone know if he ever sells on Ebay and what his "seller ID" is if he does?

I don't know if it was Phil or one of you guys, but someone beat me out of a v8 flywheel for $61.00! Talk about markup potential.

Does anyone know the fellow from Shell Lake, Wisconsin? I bought a few items from him and have been impressed with the amount of stuff he has. Lots of nos items.

I've met Phill, he seems a decent enough guy.

Letting a dash pad go for $41? Who do you have to blame for that?

The wife and I do 'real' auctions. Wifes a reseller, I'm an end user.

End users tend to bid higher as if they really need something they'll have to pay the reseller double later. It's in our best interest to run the bid.

In a real auction when I've seen someone I think will be competition I've been known to run the bid. Just to take money out of my competitions pocket so they won't have the money when we get to something I really want.

Other times I've run the bid just to keep someone from getting something for free. I told them to. Sometimes after the bid, sometimes during.

I've also bid way more than I wanted just to keep something from someone elses possession. I've done this for numerous reasons. Last time was a Rockwell tablesaw/ joiner combo. Earlier I heard the competition say 'a little navel gelly would clean that rust right up'. I couldn't let them get it.

This dash pad?? Went for nothing. If you knew about this before auctions end you let it go for 'free'. No one to blame but yourself.

Wart said:
Letting a dash pad go for $41? Who do you have to blame for that?

This dash pad?? Went for nothing. If you knew about this before auctions end you let it go for 'free'. No one to blame but yourself.

This dash pad was $40 "buy it now" and was bought within 5 hours of posting. Probably only seen 3 hours of search time if that. So, unless you are on ebay 24 hours a day, it would have been nearly impossible to have got this. Blame is really on the seller.

The guy buying this stuff just to sell it has an unfair advantage because he can justify sitting on ebay all day. On the other hand, A person trying to fix a car up still has to go to work. Thats why it is upsetting.

AB 92LX said:
This dash pad was $40 "buy it now" and was bought within 5 hours of posting. Probably only seen 3 hours of search time if that. So, unless you are on ebay 24 hours a day, it would have been nearly impossible to have got this. Blame is really on the seller.

The guy buying this stuff just to sell it has an unfair advantage because he can justify sitting on ebay all day. On the other hand, A person trying to fix a car up still has to go to work. Thats why it is upsetting.

Exactly what he said. I guess someone DID catch on.