AC Compressor Issue

My '04 Mach 1 decided to eat its belt last night. I took it off (thankfully it hadn't snapped yet) and tested the pulleys, they all seem ok. I replaced the belt and it hasn't shredded that one yet, but the ac compressor is acting weird. The ac works just fine, but when it's off the clutch hub spins slowly (maybe like 15-20 rpm) and erratically when the car idles. If I hold it around 2500 rpm, it doesn't spin at all. There was a bunch of shredded belt wrapped up in the hub, I pulled out most of it but there's still some stuck where I can't reach it with pliers. Could the shredded bits of belt stuck in the compressor be causing this, or is it more likely the clutch starting to go? I should also add that the car is procharged, which may have contributed to shredding the belt if it wasn't the compressor.

• Sponsors (?)

It's not hard to remove the outer pressure plate of the AC clutch. This will give access to the inner workings to remove the rest of the belt cords.

With the pressure plate removed the outer load bearing part of the clutch is held on by a snap ring and will not come off with just the pressure plate removed.

I have some BAD experiences with just how much damage those belts can cause. i personally would be worried about anything left over wrapped around moving parts.