Engine Accel 24lb injectors

90limited

Founding Member
Apr 13, 2002
Port Charlotte FL
I picked up a set of almost new 24lb Accel Injectors for cheap. Now that I have them I leaned that they are 24lb at 43.5psi fuel presure. The 5.0 is 39.15psi. So if the accel are installed running the stock pressure they will only flow 22.77lb/hr (24lb/hr * √ (39.15 / 43.5) = 22.77lb/hr). So if the 24lb are installed with a MAF calibrated for 24lb the car will run lean? I have a adjustable pressure regulator, so if the fuel pressure is set to the 43.5 the injectors will actually flow 24lb/hr, right?

• Sponsors (?)

Yup... Plug and play. They came out of a 92 Mustang with only 500 miles. He added a supercharger and needed bigger injectors.

I have the Accel 24lb which are basically new. I have a set of bluetop 24lb that are used and I know nothing about. Also have a cobra 70mm MAF for 19lb and a C&L 73mm with a red tube for 30lb injectors. Bought the bluetops and C&L off fleabay. They where supposedly a matched set. I cannot find a blue sample tube for 24lb injectors to save my life.

So the question is can I toss on the Accel injectors and the C&L with red tube (30LB) and take the car to a tuner and have a tune made or do I have to have a MAF calibrated for 24lb. Or do I run the cobra 70mm (calibrated for 19lb) as the accel will onlly flow 22.7lb at stock fuel presure and use that to have a tune? Or put in the blue top and get a BAMA tune/chip. BAMA said the could only provide a tune for the accel injectors if I have the correct MAF. If I have to buy a new MAF for the injector swap I likely won't get a tune...

I would just bump the FPR to the 43.5psi they are adjusted to and run the Accel 24s. If you are going to a tuner anyway then skip the calibrated MAF tomfoolery and buy a nice MAF like a lightning 90mm or stick with the cobra 70mm and tune accordingly.

Is your power level and mods to the point to justify 24s and a custom tune?

I have a miss (lean situation?) in upper RPM that I am assuming is the 19lb ers being tired. When I studied the dyno posting on the thread Guess my HP, it looks like I should be approaching 300 HP at the flywheel with the boltons I have. So I figured I needed new injectors and was on the edge of needing to step to 24lb. So since I had to due injectors why not step up....

If you think you are a tad lean at higher rpms and 19's, try turning up the fuel pressure a few lbs and see if it improves. If you're at 39psi now, which is the stock setting, turn it up to 45psi and see what happens. It might be all you need.

Reactions: 1 user