Accufab 75mm TB/Plenum Install Write-up (Biggest DUW Ever)

just installed mine 2 days ago with my laptop open sittin on my radiator and this thread on the screen in case i ran into any slow downs. :nice:

only real problem i had was with the TPS screws. those things were almost impossible to get out without stripping them...and also the throttle cable thing was a little confusing and slowed me down a bit...nothin big and it looks great! installed it with a JLT RAI painted true blue to match my car :D

IMG_3002.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3002.jpg
    IMG_3002.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 115
  • Sponsors (?)

Are you talking about the tubing that you attach the CAI to the TB with? The one that came with my CAI worked just fine. I don't know about the FIPK. If yours doesn't work I would try what you said, the hardware store. Make sure it can handle the heat though. My CAI tube can become too hot to touch.

A couple more questions...

Could you unplug the electrical connector on the TPS and leave the TPS on the throttle body when you remove the entire throttle body/plenum assembly? Then you could transfer the TPS to the Accufab throttle body on the bench instead of under the hood. Is that possible?

Would it be good to get new gaskets? Or do the factory ones hold up pretty good?

Another quick suggestion. When I was trying to get the stock intake tube over my Accufab 75mm TB I used hot water. I just let the tb side of the intake sit in a bowl of hot water for a minute or so to help it expand and it easily slid over the 75mm TB.

propellerhead said:
A couple more questions...

Could you unplug the electrical connector on the TPS and leave the TPS on the throttle body when you remove the entire throttle body/plenum assembly? Then you could transfer the TPS to the Accufab throttle body on the bench instead of under the hood. Is that possible?

Would it be good to get new gaskets? Or do the factory ones hold up pretty good?

That's how I did it. I took the stock TB into the house to try and get the TPS off. I couldn't get it off so I went to Advance Auto and bought a new one for $27. I reused the stock gaskets. I installed TB/plenum sometime in late 03/early 04, I got my car in 99. Gaskets seemed fine :shrug:

Just got mine in. The TPS screws were really tough. I left it on the stock throttle and brought it all inside to work on it in my kitchen. The crosspoint screw heads are large so use your largest crosspoint screwdriver. You have to push hard while turning to avoid stripping the screws. I used the hex head Accufab screws to attach the TPS to the throttle. I didn't have to mess with the TP Voltage. It idles fine.

The EGR to plenum mating surface didn't have a real gasket on my 2004 GT. Just that silver goop stuff. I did the work on a Sunday afternoon and the stores were closed so I didn't put a gasket right away. I'll pick one up soon and install it.

I used the hex head Accufab screws to attach the IAC.

Stretching the rubber coupler to the 75mm throttle wasn't a problem. The K&N FIPK piece slipped on with just a little bit of coaxing.

I haven't felt anything different but it sure does sound more airy.

cimg43020wa.th.jpg

Attachments

• cimg43020wa.th.jpg
    cimg43020wa.th.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 83
StangPro said:
That's pathetic, since we've had two plenum/tb installs up for over a year.
We've never once had a TPS problem either.
well see, StangNET is a bit bigger than StangPRO, so I can understand why people would come here looking for answers first.

I did in fact use your write up to assist my install, and it was helpful. I just thought I'd do my own in hopes that it could be easily found by using the SN search function, and helpful to the average Joe like myself. Honestly I doubt I would have even found your article if I hadn't stumbled across it while Googling "75mm Accufab TB" when I was looking to buy.

If you'd like, I'll gladly add a link to your write-up in my original post. :)

Hey guys, I've installed my 75MM Accufab a few minutes ago. Nice & easy job, thanks for the write-up!

I'm wondering... Why isn't there a gasket beetween the Plenum and intake manifold?

Nice write-up Helty.

I'm the one who sold you the plenum and TB, and I just wanted to clarify for others that the "adapter" does not come with a new setup (it should being less than $1.00). I have heard of diffferent sizes of plumbing, but that one fit mine and I didn't have to use an adapter. Some do, some don't. Just realize if you buy a new setup, it will NOT come with the adapter. Thanks, and great write-up. When are the dyno numbers coming?

the accufab plenums now come with 2 diff size tubes. says you will need lock-tight and a hammer:D just installed mine with no directions and being a nub that I am, i didnt un-plug battery and imhaving high idle problems.